• No

Votes: 147 82.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Had this not been at the Amex I would not have bothered, I have seen Rod a few times around 25 or so years ago so will be interesting to see what he is like live now plus the more important bonus of it being at the Amex.

Wasn't the Fat Boy Slim concert a total shambles on catering ?

Must admit the same thing. Had it not been at The Amex I doubt a Rod Stewart gig would even have registered on my radar. And yes, according to my step-daughter who went, the catering at the FBS gig was awful. Over an hour queue just to get a bottle of water!!!!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Had this not been at the Amex I would not have bothered, I have seen Rod a few times around 25 or so years ago so will be interesting to see what he is like live now plus the more important bonus of it being at the Amex.

The caterers have confirmed that they won't run out of disco biscuits at Rod's gig.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Admitting you like Rod Stewart is almost as uncool on NSC as admitting you like Coldplay, almost.

I will be there as my wife is a Rod Stewart fan. I used to be before he joined and ruined Stevie Marriott's Small Faces.

I am not looking forward or Sailing but I am hoping he sings Reason To Believe, and that it is a pleasant summer's evening weather wise.

Edit

Just checked to see if I can find a set list and if it's similar to this one I won't be too disappointed. I like quite a few of these :thumbsup:

Big shame he's not bringing Santana who he's been on tour with in the States.

Infatuation
Twistin' the Night Away
(Sam Cooke cover)
You Wear It Well
Some Guys Have All the Luck
(The Persuaders cover)
Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)
Stay With Me
(Faces song)
Rhythm of My Heart
I'd Rather Go Blind
(Etta James cover) (with Carlos Santana)
Forever Young
The First Cut Is the Deepest
(Cat Stevens cover)
Reason to Believe
(Tim Hardin cover)
Have I Told You Lately
(Van Morrison cover)
Can't Stop Me Now
Sweet Little Rock & Roller
(Chuck Berry cover)
Proud Mary
(Creedence Clearwater Revival cover)
You're in My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
Hot Legs
Maggie May
Encore:
Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?

Not that old chestnut ' I'm going because the wife's going' !!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Any idea what time he is on? Can you take your own food and soft drinks? Saw him twice last year with my kids and he is till good. We go to a lot of concerts and the old ones still rock. Neil Young next month and Ian Hunter's 75th in October at the Concorde. He is still making great albums. Seen him about eight times in last five years.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I am going with the missus, she is a massive fan and I got a huge number of brownie points when I presented them to her as a xmas present.

Plus if there is a decent crowd for this then next time they might get a band I actually like for the next one.

I assume we will be able to drink alcohol at our seats for this? That will be a new experience.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm not going but I hope it's good for everyone who is going. I went to see him at Twickenham a few years back and the sound was terrible. Was only able to enjoy it when we blagged our way to near the stage and was stood near some speakers.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Due to poor ticket sales this event has been brought forward and moved to a smaller venue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sadly yes. In all my years of gig going I have never seen anything so bad. What made it shocking is that big gig catering is not new or rocket science; plenty of established gig catering companies can do it well.

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
RodandMe.jpg

Rod and I at a concert in the US a few years back.

He told me he remembered his Brighton busking days with real fondness and always looks out for the Albion's results on SSN. "A piece of my heart will always be in Brighton. I spent most of my earnings playing the half crown coin pusher on the Palace Pier".

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Save yerself a few quid and queueing for pies and cokes:

Sit indoors, whack this on the radiogram and stare at this photo for a while.

Job done

rod-stewart-live.-cd.-1996-p.jpg

alanbiley1985.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My wife and my mum are going. What time's he on? The doors open at about 17:30 but the tickets don't say what time he starts. My wife's taking a blade as there's a buzz that some Elton John fans might turn up and try and ambush the Stewarters on the way up from Falmer station. She's hoping to slice a few of them before she gets nicked.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My wife and my mum are going. What time's he on? The doors open at about 17:30 but the tickets don't say what time he starts. My wife's taking a blade as there's a buzz that some Elton John fans might turn up and try and ambush the Stewarters on the way up from Falmer station. She's hoping to slice a few of them before she gets nicked.

Lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here