Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rockin Robin - The Swindon mascot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So I finally have something to say that might be enjoyed.

Coming back from Manchester we shared our train carriage with half a dozen Swindon fans, including their mascot Rockin Robin (not FKW)
Unsurprisingly Mr Robin is a large and somewhat loquacious chap.
Jnr told him we are from Best Sussex, but Rockin didn't put two and two together, so The Albion didn't come up.
Instead Rockin was at FBSlim's Big Beach Boutique and it was 'the greatest day of my life', he was really enjoying telling my boy his stories from that night.

As that came to an end I prompted Jnr to ask Rockin "where were you on 20.05.2004?'

Rockin was somewhat perplexed.
Thinking hard it very, very, slowly dawned in him.

His whole face and demeanour changed until he finally let out a loud, slow, guttural:-

"Adam F##king Virgo".

In pure pavlovian fashion this caused all his mates to repeatedly say "Adam f##king Virgo".
All that could be heard, in our carriage, from Banbury to Oxford was "Adam f##king Virgo" - as well as me and Jnr killing ourselves laughing.

The last thing said to us was:-

"We used to play you every year - next week we've got Grimsby"
"Oh, next up for us we've got Ajax".
"Adam f##king Virgo".

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"Adam f##king Virgo".

Sounds like the lyrics to a song. Still you should have asked them where they were when Rohan Ince scored that goal.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Coming back from Manchester we shared our train carriage with half a dozen Swindon fans, including their mascot Rockin Robin (not FKW)
Jnr told him we are from Best Sussex, but Rockin didn't put two and two together, so The Albion didn't come up.
Instead Rockin was at FBSlim's Big Beach Boutique and it was 'the greatest day of my life', he was really enjoying telling my boy his stories from that night.

As that came to an end I prompted Jnr to ask Rockin "where were you on 20.05.2004?'

His whole face and demeanour changed until he finally let out a loud, slow, guttural:-

"Adam F##king Virgo".

In pure pavlovian fashion this caused all his mates to repeatedly say "Adam f##king Virgo".
All that could be heard, in our carriage, from Banbury to Oxford was "Adam f##king Virgo" - as well as me and Jnr killing ourselves laughing.

"Adam f##king Virgo".

Nice to see to you, ..........

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

"Adam F##king Virgo".

"Adam f##king Virgo".
Genius.

And please step up the posts again. I love your dry, nay, desiccated observations and whimsy and, occasionally, rage :thumbsup:

There is a lovely part-time butcher who works at Macknade in Faversham. Andy, his name is. Swindon town, man and boy. You can guess the rest.

Edit: when I first broached that subject I mentioned that I was at both those games. Andy said 'so was I'. Nothing more was said.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here