Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rochdale FC.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only been to Spotland once , the train was cancelled meaning we didn't get to Rochdale until 2pm and the kids had to have something to eat , at half past two I asked a policeman for directions to the ground which he said was a 20 minute walk away and it was easier to get a taxi which we shared with another Brighton fan. This was the game where Lorenzo Pinamonte was our lone striker and there was a good turnout on the terraces which was down the side of the pitch with the bobble hats and thermos flask brigade sitting in the stand opposite.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Rarely feel this chuffed for another club, but you've got to say the people that have stuck with Rochdale for 36 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) years are surely amongst the best fans in the land! Look forward to playing them next year!

first half of the season with average gates of less than 3k and even toward the end of the season stuggling to get 5k, and with a tiny capacity, there really aren't many Dale fans anyway. But good for them.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
first half of the season with average gates of less than 3k and even toward the end of the season stuggling to get 5k, and with a tiny capacity, there really aren't many Dale fans anyway. But good for them.

It is true that there aren't that many of them, just to illustrate why, I thought this might be of interest.

Within a 40 mile radius of their ground is;

Oldham 4.98 miles
Bury 5.4
Man City 9.37
Man Utd 11.75
Burnley 11.85
Accrington 12.71
Blackburn 14.8
Bolton 14.89
Stockport 15.17
Huddersfield
Wigan
Bradford
Preston
Macclesfield
Leeds
Barnsley
Sheff Wed
Sheff Utd
Liverpool
Everton
Rotherham
Blackpool
Crewe
Tranmere
Port Vale
Chesterfield 40.49

You guys have;

Crystal Palace 39.59
Portsmouth 40.4

As a Stockport fan I know how it feels when 99% of your town support some other team. I hope you realise how lucky you are to have such a big catchment area.

I used this to compile the data.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'm chuffed for them, we beat them in the play off final a couple of years back and now we swap places with them :rolleyes: Hopefully we don't stay down there quite as long as they did.

Although to be honest I'd gladly take thirty six years in the basement division for the chance to come out of administration and have a bit of stability again.

Went to that game at the new Wembley, Phil....decent match and one Liam Dickinson hit the net for you guys, I believe.

Little did I know we'd sign him soon after.

Will be an emotional reunion for Glenn Murray with us vs 'Dale next season (assuming GM is still with us, of course!).

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
It is true that there aren't that many of them, just to illustrate why, I thought this might be of interest.

Within a 40 mile radius of their ground is;

Oldham 4.98 miles
Bury 5.4
Man City 9.37
Man Utd 11.75
Burnley 11.85
Accrington 12.71
Blackburn 14.8
Bolton 14.89
Stockport 15.17
Huddersfield
Wigan
Bradford
Preston
Macclesfield
Leeds
Barnsley
Sheff Wed
Sheff Utd
Liverpool
Everton
Rotherham
Blackpool
Crewe
Tranmere
Port Vale
Chesterfield 40.49

You guys have;

Crystal Palace 39.59
Portsmouth 40.4

As a Stockport fan I know how it feels when 99% of your town support some other team. I hope you realise how lucky you are to have such a big catchment area.

I used this to compile the data.

26 teams within 40 miles or thereabouts?!!! Ouch! I knew it was densely packed in that part of the world but that's ridiculous.

We are indeed lucky to have a big catchment (although there are sizable numbers of 'immigrants' from London etc, but hopefully plenty will adopt us as their second team....if not already).

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Was there last when Phil Stant played,think we drew 1-1 ? Was there when Bellotti was smuggled out. They have a pub on the ground,or did have. :thumbsup:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Was there last when Phil Stant played,think we drew 1-1 ? Was there when Bellotti was smuggled out. They have a pub on the ground,or did have. :thumbsup:

I was at both those and at least two others. It was 0-0 going into the last few minutes, Rogers scored from a free kick but then so did they in injury time.There was/is a pub almost next to the ground called - from memory - The Church which is on the road where the away stand is located. Also opposite the turnstiles where we go in there is a chippy; which is handy.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well down the dale good bunch of guys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here