Robinson to start on Saturday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bobbysboots

Jul 5, 2003
Uckfield
I agree, I would like to see Harty on the right wing - and Hinshelwood at right back (don't think Virgo has had the best of starts to this season).

At least David Lee is on the bench :D

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
looks an ok side apart from the midfield

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At least we have round pegs in round holes this time, even if some of the pegs are a bit wobbly.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't want to see Hart start a game again until he's come on and actually done something resembling the Gary Hart that used to play for us.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Snipped from the article on the site:

McGhee continued, "My message to our fans is to stick with us, give us time and be patient. At the end of the game the other night when we were down to ten men, Jake Robinson had a shot which was greeted with ironic cheers from parts of the crowd.

"I thought that was a joke. It is not what Jake needs and it is certainly not what the team need. It is a shame this is happening.

"We're two games into the season and there are a lot of other teams not much better off than us, who have a lot more resources than us, but we're still optimistic about how these boys can improve and what a good season we can have.

"Last season the fans proved exactly what they can do. In the Swindon play-off game they saw us over line; helped us get that equaliser. At Cardiff in the last ten minutes, when they raised their voices, they got us a goal and saw us over the line again. Now the young players coming into the team needs their encouragement and support more than ever."

---

Couldn't agree with him more. I couldn't believe some of the negative stuff coming from the supporters the other night. Alright - get on the ref's back - he deserved it, but that's where it should end. I can't stand it when we give players who are wearing the stripes grief. Yeah - even Currie, who on Tuesday night certainly wasn't producing anything, and some fans' favourite target of abuse, Kerry Mayo. But then to dish out ironic cheers to Jakey, who was trying his hardest to get something from a game that was already lost. Well I hope certain sections of H and J Block are proud of themselves... :(

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Trigger said:
4-4-2... McGhee has seen the light, well done that man! :clap:

Then given McGhee looks like he is about to give the crowd supposedly what they want, it is now up to us to get behind the team. If we still don't get a result, it should not be for the lack of encouragement.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Seagull73 said:
Then given McGhee looks like he is about to give the crowd supposedly what they want, it is now up to us to get behind the team. If we still don't get a result, it should not be for the lack of encouragement.
Quite, i don't mind losing if we play well and attack and look like we want to win, hopefully the 4-4-2 will provide us with that... I feel slightly happier about Saturday now.

:)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Has anyone else spotted further down the article:

"Peter Reid is also likely to opt for the 4-4-2 formation that served so well on the opening day of the season - City won 2-0 against Coventry"

So they played themselves, did they?

Can we try that? We might win a game, too! :p

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
sully said:

"Peter Reid is also likely to opt for the 4-4-2 formation that served so well on the opening day of the season - City won 2-0 against Coventry"

So they played themselves, did they?

Can we try that? We might win a game, too! :p
nah we'll get mullered big time :p :jester:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My worry with Robinson starting is that for the first ten minutes the defenders will knock him about to put him off his game, far better as a final half hour sub.

I actually rate Reid, he is still not fully fit I don't think after his pre season injury.

As for "Too Much" Currie, he needs to improve considerably

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Voroshilov said:
Midfield of Jarret, Reid, Nicolas and Currie.

That midfield spells trouble to me. Jarret and Currie don't seem to know what defending is, which leaves Hardng and Virgo exposed (or Mayo as it will be tomorrow) and hence why they look so poor so far this season. Reid is unfit which leaves the defensive responsibilities purely on Nicolas shoulders.

If I was one of Hart or Jones I would be extremely dissapointed not to be in team given that Nicolas excepted, the rest haven't made those places in the team thier own. Also, Hart and Jones offer defensive cover we have so far badly missed.

We need Chippy back urgently.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
sully said:

"Peter Reid is also likely to opt for the 4-4-2 formation that served so well on the opening day of the season -

coventry played 4-5-1 v cardiff and look what happened there, they created hardly any chances. does any know if they have any pacey right or left wingers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports