Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robin Williams RIP

franks brother

Sad news. To those who say depressed people should "just pull themselves together" this tragedy should make it clear that depression is an illness and can't be reasoned with. You couldnt find a wealthier, more successful person than Robin Williams yet he killed himself. People should understand that depressive illnesses are potentially fatal medical conditions and should be treated as such. The stigma around it needs to end. RIP Robin Williams, not just a great comedian but a great actor.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes. I was compelled to, by the pre-qualification that the term Genius is overused, and was then used in an instance to describe a man that did funny voices and spoke fast, or sometimes in slow motion.

There was an awful lot more to him than that. One of the funniest men on the planet, and an enormously talented Oscar winning actor. Genius might be over-used if you are being pedantic about the meaning of the word, but in common parlance.........

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
RIP Robin. A very funny and talented man

GOODNIGHT VIETNAM

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tragic news, RIP Robin Williams, A comedian who blossomed in to a great " straight " actor too. Too many brilliant performances to name all but two for me stood out, The Fisher King and the incredibly dark yet moving 24 Hour Photo. A sad loss but an amazing cinematic legacy.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Thank you whoever you are. You have taken away two of my comic idols in the last
couple of months.

Please take some utter *******s away for a change.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Great stand-up, but I liked his serious stuff even more - Dead Poet's Society, The Fisher King. Another one taken too early. RIP.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I loved Robin Williams in Insomnia. His best serious work. For comedy it is Mrs Doubtfire of course. RIP RW

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here