Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roberto Mancini

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Surely on borrowed time at city now? Seems to losing the plot more by the day and coming out in the press and putting his players down, can't see him lasting much longer there

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, he had a point yesterday

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Gareth Barry's own goal! :lolol: What WAS he doing?!

I hate what Mancini has done to the English language. The term "moment" has become serially abused as a result of his broken English (which despite his 3 years in this country hasn't improved at all).

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think City's owners have been surprisingly patient with him but surely the time has come now for him to get his marching orders once this season is over. Falls out with players, moans all the time and just can't get enough out of his team who on paper should be walking the premier league and getting to the final stages of the champions league every year.

I don't like the short term outlook of teams like Chelsea with their rampant hiring and firing but I think in City's instance Mancini probably should have achieved more by now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I applaud the City owners for sticking with Mancini. He deserves it after winning the title. It many ways the hard part is repeating that success. Sides like Leeds, Blackburn and Villa have won the title and fallen away the next season, it's not easy competing against the might of Man Utd. Arsenal are a long way behind City in the table when two years ago they'd been always ahead. That is an achievement which should not be overlooked.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
I applaud the City owners for sticking with Mancini. He deserves it after winning the title. It many ways the hard part is repeating that success. Sides like Leeds, Blackburn and Villa have won the title and fallen away the next season, it's not easy competing against the might of Man Utd. Arsenal are a long way behind City in the table when two years ago they'd been always ahead. That is an achievement which should not be overlooked.

eh? Villa last won the title in 80-81 and, whilst only finishing 11th the next season, did win the European Cup.

Also, seeing as Liverpool won 8 out of 10 of the titles either side of 80-81, not sure Man Utd were the dominant force.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think Mancini was certain to be out by the end of this season regardless of the of whatever he wins this season. the abject collapse of their campaign in Europe combined with his inability to maximise the performance of the huge number of talented players at his disposal and his dubious media skills mean he has been a dead man walking since November.

He has been given far longer than he deserves and if he had been managing Chelsea he would have only had one season, Autumn.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
eh? Villa last won the title in 80-81 and, whilst only finishing 11th the next season, did win the European Cup.

Also, seeing as Liverpool won 8 out of 10 of the titles either side of 80-81, not sure Man Utd were the dominant force.

My point was about how difficult it is to stay at the top. Yes, Villa won the European Cup but paid the price by finishing 11th. And Man Utd didn't sack Sir Alex despite Liverpool dominating during his first 5 years. History shows you might be able to buy a Championship but you can't buy what Man Utd have taken decades to acquire.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mancini will be history at the end of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Mancini will be history at the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here