Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto Di Matteo

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Yup, spotted him today having a skinny latte whilst sporting dark glasses in a well known local Italian restaurant, looked like he was meeting someone as he kept looking around.

I think you are mistaken. I am assured by Pablo the waiter that it was Robert De Nero, in a well known Spanish restaurant, just talking Italian.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Ive heard from a good source that Roberto Di Matteo could be approached to become the new Brighton Manager.

Even though he is currently the Manager of Shalke his family are still in London so he might be keen on a return to South East England......
So who is your good source? Are you talking about that facebook page that is doing the rounds that someone did as a joke from a football management game?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
No joke I've just seen him getting off a flight at London Gatwick, I followed him through the terminal. When he got near the exit I saw what looked like Tony bloom in a chauffeur's hat and dark glasses holding a sign that said "Not Roberto Di Matteo"

Do not shoot the messenger. I am only telling a rumor that I've written.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ive heard from a good source that Roberto Di Matteo could be approached to become the new Brighton Manager.

Even though he is currently the Manager of Shalke his family are still in London so he might be keen on a return to South East England......

Brilliant. Loads of people on here are BOUND to fall for that one.

I suggest you get it posted onto the Football rumours site - that way, at least one person on here will then believe you.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
They are indeed based in Leamington Spa, I know his agent and have just texted him, I am awaiting a response of laughter!!!

You got a response yet? This could be an amazing way of calling out those who post random cack...be mates with the agents and text them!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
No joke I've just seen him getting off a flight at London Gatwick, I followed him through the terminal. When he got near the exit I saw what looked like Tony bloom in a chauffeur's hat and dark glasses holding a sign that said "Not Roberto Di Matteo"

Do not shoot the messenger. I am only telling a rumor that I've written.

There is a picture doing the rounds on twitter of Sami carrying his bags, in the back ground you can see Burke with a handfull of contracts signing up the guys who work in Costas.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first thing he'll have to do, to appease a faction of fans, is change his name to Bob Mathews.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I thought his family were in Leamington Spa. And he's only been manager at Schalke for a couple of months. What message would quitting now send out?

It wouldn't be the first time an Italian switched sides from the Germans.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Thankfully he'd never come. He thinks he's better than he actually is and wouldn't be able to motivate a struggling championship team. He's happy living off past glories/pay offs & doesn't need to have his shortcomings highlighted down here.
Pullis or Sherwood every-time for me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
English manager please. fed up with foreign now. tine for English steel.

ericsteele.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why wouldn't he want to come here?

The glamour of Brighton, a club with no money to spend on decent players and fighting relegation from the 2nd tier

or some back water club in the Bundesliga and Champions league.

I know which I'd choose :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here