[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Off the back of the financial results and a bit of perspective/harping back to the past I’m feeling more irked with RDZ.

I get personal ambition but if I were Tony and I’d put in £400m plus into the club, built a stadium, built a training ground, built a culture and moved us from league 1 strugglers to Europa competitors I’d be quite pissed of by some upstart questioning my ambition so publicly.

For this reason I’d be slightly less pissed off if RDZ left now.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Off the back of the financial results and a bit of perspective/harping back to the past I’m feeling more irked with RDZ.

I get personal ambition but if I were Tony and I’d put in £400m plus into the club, built a stadium, built a training ground, built a culture and moved us from league 1 strugglers to Europa competitors I’d be quite pissed of by some upstart questioning my ambition so publicly.

As long as it doesn't get out of hand, I think RDZ's questioning of our ambition has been positive - instead of "Top 10", the club has now used the words "to regularly challenge for a European place and silverware". I think it's de Zerbi who has lifted the club's ambitions, and he's also proved what's possible.
Maybe we'd all rather he did it privately, but that's not his style.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is doing that. As for my time I have lunch break but also a job unlike someone with 30k posts
When you have finished baiting @Guinness Boy......you had time to send me an arsey PM today, though. Please don't. If you have something to say to me, put it on the main forum. Thanks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When you have finished baiting @Guinness Boy......you had time to send me an arsey PM today, though. Please don't. If you have something to say to me, put it on the main forum. Thanks.
It’s almost like he’s winding up specific people….

Roberto is still learning the job, the Premier league and is unlikely to be offered 1 of the big boys jobs. Yes, he's mouthed off a few times but more out of frustration rather than being 'unhappy' with the backing from Bloom. We'll finish below where we finished last season because our injuries have crippled us for much of the season like Newcastle(albeit worse than ours) and they have struggled like us despite being totally opposite to us (ownership). I'm sure Bloom/Barber and Roberto all share the same ambitions and he'll be backed in the summer possibly more so with the healthy financial results but within the clubs model.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

It’s ok he just hasn’t grasped the English language yet and meant none of it🤣

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Normally when you want to wind something up you need a key.

Not a limp sausage or a wet lettuce.

It dont fit the lock

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
Pm to you because you found out my name somehow and posted it and PM to Harry because I wanted to know why he scoffed at everyone not sharing his or yours opinion despite saying he had not watched or heard the topic others tried to discuss. Appreciate I should not of done the last part and feel stupid now but not trying to wind anyone up

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

RDZ isn’t questioning the clubs ambition he’s changing what the club think is possible with what he’s achieved since he’s been here.

PB has repeatedly said that RDZ has come in and made them question and think about what they wanted for the club. He’s made them rethink the plan, why just settle for competing for the top 10. Now we’ve got the article about our profits including lines about further significant investment in the playing side and the aim of becoming a club regularly competing for European places and silverware.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
So if RDZ stays do we go through another season of will he won’t he leave ? It’s gets a bit boring.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pm to you because you found out my name somehow and posted it and PM to Harry because I wanted to know why he scoffed at everyone not sharing his or yours opinion despite saying he had not watched or heard the topic others tried to discuss. Appreciate I should not of done the last part and feel stupid now but not trying to wind anyone up
No worries about your PM to me. Sorry for taking the piss. :thumbsup: HWT

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So if RDZ stays do we go through another season of will he won’t he leave ? It’s gets a bit boring.
Yes. Yes we will.

And he's definitely going.

(If you pay Darren some money you can use the 'ignore Fred' feature ???)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yeah, he best go now then and whoever comes in can keep us pootling along in 13/14th place forever. Then we won't have to be bored with any speculation about our players or managers moving on.

I believe it's called The Palace Way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Roberto is still learning the job, the Premier league and is unlikely to be offered 1 of the big boys jobs. Yes, he's mouthed off a few times but more out of frustration rather than being 'unhappy' with the backing from Bloom. We'll finish below where we finished last season because our injuries have crippled us for much of the season like Newcastle(albeit worse than ours) and they have struggled like us despite being totally opposite to us (ownership). I'm sure Bloom/Barber and Roberto all share the same ambitions and he'll be backed in the summer possibly more so with the healthy financial results but within the clubs model.
Precisely. And I agree with @Jim in the West

If RDZ has actually done what people (who I unashamedly call fools) say, Bloom will sack him. Will have sacked him. No question. Bosh.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The media is stirring up a shitstorm about RDZ - I suspect in part because certain journalists and bloggers are trawling the Seagulls ‘number one ‘ site and trying to sniff out whatever inside story NSC depressives think they have stumbled on. ‘Careless talk costs lives’ …

I hope to goodness, RDZ and the entire squad are completely ignoring the external bullshit and just focussing on training and the next match in hand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Roberto gave the kind of press conference today he should have been giving for months. Someone’s obviously given him some guidance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports