[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For anyone who hasn’t seen it

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Interesting quote from this article about De Zerbi leaving...

One person who heard the shouting in the Brighton dressing room at full time at Bournemouth described it as “incredible”.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

One person who heard the shouting in the Brighton dressing room at full time at Bournemouth described it as “incredible”.

Really interesting, thanks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Excellent article.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
That weird Lallana interview after Fulham, the "incredible" shouting in the dressing room heard after Bournemouth, the reference to Joao Pedro being less than impressed, Ferguson's loss in confidence, the strange comments about O'Mahony being better than Ferguson, starting O’Mahony for the first time and then hooking him off at half time, the comments about Barco and Baleba not being PL ready, not letting Verbruggen get a run of games...

If it was getting toxic behind the scenes, upsetting the players and effecting their confidence and output - on top of the public commens - then RDZ going has got to be the right decision.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Interesting article that confirms a lot of the more sensible posts on the "RDZ wasn't sacked" thread. I finally caved in and got an Athletic subscription from that link. Got a £1.99 per month offer on from it.

Plenty of very good managers have the 'hairdryer' in them. Sir Alex certainly did and I remember Henry Winter saying that even Chris Hughton wasn't nearly as calm as always portrayed. It's an interesting insight but one I think AN has added for dramatic effect.

The clear reason it ended is the difference on players. And that's always going to be Bloom's way or the highway.

carteater

I think it was the right decision. As much as I loved him in 22/23, I found myself getting frustrated with his comments, apparent stubbornness/lack of plan B. Injuries aside our form this year has been atrocious. I feel like if he'd stayed and the recruitment wasn't right it could've potentially got quite nasty next year.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Interesting article that confirms a lot of the more sensible posts on the "RDZ wasn't sacked" thread. I finally caved in and got an Athletic subscription from that link. Got a £1.99 per month offer on from it.

Plenty of very good managers have the 'hairdryer' in them. Sir Alex certainly did and I remember Henry Winter saying that even Chris Hughton wasn't nearly as calm as always portrayed. It's an interesting insight but one I think AN has added for dramatic effect.

The clear reason it ended is the difference on players. And that's always going to be Bloom's way or the highway.
Seem to recall he was heard to have totally lost his shit at the players, after losing away to Rotherham.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That weird Lallana interview after Fulham, the "incredible" shouting in the dressing room heard after Bournemouth, the reference to Joao Pedro being less than impressed, Ferguson's loss in confidence, the strange comments about O'Mahony being better than Ferguson, starting O’Mahony for the first time and then hooking him off at half time, the comments about Barco and Baleba not being PL ready, not letting Verbruggen get a run of games...

If it was getting toxic behind the scenes, upsetting the players and effecting their confidence and output - on top of the public commens - then RDZ going has got to be the right decision.
And makes it even more impressive that the team still managed to finish where they did.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Interesting. Certainly paints a picture where De Zerbi continuing at Brighton just wasn't likely to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here