Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Read De Zerbi’s statement
Yes - I've read it. It's clear he's leaving. But the precise point that the contract is terminated isn't clear. But who knows what the deal is - perhaps TB and PB are either (a) glad to be shot of him, or (b) happy to give up on compensation to expedite things and/or effectively say "Thank You" to RDZ.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
My thoughts:

Nowhere near as gutted as I was when Potter left as it’s felt like this has been on the cards for months

Despite mutual agreement line this was a Bloom decision. Hes has acted decisively so we have the best chance of having a good preseason.

Shame it’s over so soon but better now than mid summer or worse mid season.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Sorry to say, but feels like the beginning of the end, like when we sacked Laudrup.

Hope I'm wrong. You need to get someone to continue your current style.. someone like Russel Martin, Graham Potter... Knutsen, Pimienta

You may well be right. We are certainly at the top of a recent arc. Whether we plummet back to L1 or do anything like that I’m not sure. There’s no denying there is a ceiling for clubs like us. Chelsea have proven there is a hierarchy and a market. We’re a selling club.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Obviously RDZ will be accompanied with all his italian coaches, and I agree that Gross is also on his way..
Are any other people going who we will certainly miss?

Jimmy Grimble

We have one of the youngest squads we have ever had, actually stronger than we started last season, all a year more experienced and haven't extended Lallana. How does this constitute a 'crossroads' exactly :lolol:
As @Weststander has pointed out, a lack of players in their prime years. Plenty of youngsters, plenty of players the wrong side of 30.

To say it’s stronger than we started last season is laughable nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here