Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Thanks for the memories RDZ. Best football I have seen from the Albion. However, its been on the cards for months.

Without all those coaches, the training ground will be like a ghost town. Hopefully we will soon be able to take a corner. Also delighted that keeper rotation will be gone forever.

A lot has been said about the squad but whoever takes over still has a decent bunch of players to work with 👏

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Will miss him. Was a sensational journey and whirlwind 2 seasons. Will always be grateful for the journey he’s taken us on. That said in TB we all trust. We would have ideas already in our mind of who we want next and I’m excited to see who is next and what they will bring.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Doubt we can ask for anything now his contract with us is terminated
It hasn't been terminated YET (wording is rather vague "after the Manchester Utd match"). The club statement also says "We have mutually agreed to end Roberto’s contract at a time that suits both parties..." It doesn't actually say that the contract is terminated now (or tomorrow)...or infact precisely when - perhaps only when he's signing a new contract with (say) Bayern.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you think he’ll get Bayern (or whoever he goes to) to buy any of them?
Possibly, however if he went there he would have to win the German league minimum, a tall order given his experience.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It hasn't been terminated YET (wording is rather vague "after the Manchester Utd match"). The club statement also says "We have mutually agreed to end Roberto’s contract at a time that suits both parties..." It doesn't actually say that the contract is terminated now (or tomorrow)...or infact precisely when - perhaps only when he's signing a new contract with (say) Bayern.
Read De Zerbi’s statement

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I will miss him, like I miss my ex when I allow myself to reminisce about the good times, the fun adventures, the laughs, the great sex…before I give myself a slap and remind myself what a psychotic, toxic, manipulative, abusive little bitch she was!! 🤣

RDZ of last season I will morn. RDZ of this season? I’ll get over it, like I got over her and under her best friend! 💪🏻

He knew what he signed on for, he knew what he was getting in to. We won’t be in Europe every season. We can hope for it, aim for it even, but there’s no guarantees. We’re gonna sell players. We’re gonna have injuries, and he needs to learn to adapt, on and off the pitch. We’re not gonna spunk huge sums of money on ‘proven’ players. We will not sell a Caicedo and replace him. We’ll buy another ten potential Caicedo’s and rinse and repeat. This is the plan, and always was the plan and yes, his drive and ambition is FANTASTIC, to a point! If he becomes too demanding and unable to compromise then I would suggest we have simply grown apart. Move on!

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would love the NSC member who said after the first few games " We should give RDZ a contract FOR LIFE " to stand up and be recognised please... come on, you're out there ?

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Glad to of watched the Albion under RDZ. Not surprised it has come to a parting of ways and glad its happened now rather than later. Sure TB & PB will have the new manager lined up and ready to go in a couple of weeks. Expect to see Gross go now as well.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
When potter left I was absolutely gutted. I am mid 40s but I was genuinely sad about it and it lasted a long time. This felt inevitable and although it has been fun under RDZ I am over it already.
Strangely, this.

I think it was worse as potter had finally cracked it and was getting results against established sides, maybe I’m not that fussed this time based on how it’s fizzled out, we haven’t scored two goals in a game since February 18th, someone told me this morning.

Not a shock by any means, feel like it’s the right time for both parties, it’s run its course. Memories for a lifetime but time to move on

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
He'll get my applause tomorrow, especially for last season and the beginning of the current. Its petered out pretty badly since, yes. But I don't think that erases the good work and times enjoyed before.

It certainly makes the summer more interesting when there's a manager hunt going on besides the usual player transfers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here