Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Make no mistake he was sacked.
Well they've come to an end , he won't sign a new contract and they clearly disagree with the squad building approach and perhaps there's no longer shared expectations as to performance and definitely some aspacts of his behaviour (expressing those grievances in public) etc.
Whats in it for him is that its now obvious to suitors (if it wasn't before) that he's available , there's no release clause so moving on is easier - if thats what he wants. I imagine, unlike Potter, he's not looking to spend anytime outside of football.

But If he was sacked then they would have had to pay out a substantial exit fee direct to Zerbi and his team, he wouldn't be lining up this afternoon and would already be a plan back to Italy.

And clearly they still mutually respect each other. Its all a very grown up D.I.V.O.R.C.E for the kids. Please respect our privacy at this time.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
He can’t win. Labelled a squad rotation merchant and “Why don’t we always play our best 11 players like Emery and Arteta”.
They were clearly out on their feet after the cup semi on Sunday. It was obvious wasn’t it? I just thought it was common sense.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Are we going to get the RDZ flag out for one last time, and then present the flag to RDZ and thank him for his time with us.

Well they've come to an end , he won't sign a new contract and they clearly disagree with the squad building approach and perhaps there's no longer shared expectations as to performance and definitely some aspacts of his behaviour (expressing those grievances in public) etc.
Whats in it for him is that its now obvious to suitors (if it wasn't before) that he's available , there's no release clause so moving on is easier - if thats what he wants. I imagine, unlike Potter, he's not looking to spend anytime outside of football.

But If he was sacked then they would have had to pay out a substantial exit fee direct to Zerbi and his team, he wouldn't be lining up this afternoon and would already be a plan back to Italy.

And clearly they still mutually respect each other. Its all a very grown up D.I.V.O.R.C.E for the kids. Please respect our privacy at this time.
Agree. Had he been sacked we would have to pay him and he wouldn't be anywhere near the dugout today. Its mutual and respectful for both sides.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU

I guess they've also agreed who will take the kids to Pizza Express every second weekend as well

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Eras are short-lived these days, and I wonder if for that which sparkles most we're to treat it as meteoric and hunger not to be singed by its tailwind. I desperately wanted it to work, and the bedazzlement blinding me a thousand times with glee. But such a journey ends and the heart needs prodding to not hope for facsimile. What a time last season was, and Europe this. What a time.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
After the fans Forum I really thought he was going to stay. And now seeing he has nothing lined up, it gives the distinct impression this was the club who initiated this. As sad as I am to see RDZ go, I can only imagine the club would have made this decision based on timing. I'm convinced the club have their ideal candidate in mind, and I think it's possible he wouldn't be available later in the summer, so they're getting ahead of things. Yes there's probably more to it, such as issues between them over squad building and transfers. But if his departure was potentially on the cards in the next 6 months, then getting ahead of it to ensure you get your preferred replacement would be very shrewd (although sad for RDZ).

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just as an aside - and it may have been answered on the multitude of threads.

What happens to all his team? They're all leaving too - but presumably they are paid by the Albion, not by RDZ. So, do they have a choice of staying/leaving - or if they all 'have to leave' because of the decision between BHA & RDZ - who pays them for the early release of their contracts and so on. Does RDZ pay them? Could they actually refuse to leave and stay to honour their contract? Or do we have to pay them compo for ending their contract early? Or what??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very dignified speech at the end.

Thanks roberto for the memories and best of luck for you and your team in your next job.

We have to really look at our squad hard now and see who just isn’t up to it and of course who is left after today

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just as an aside - and it may have been answered on the multitude of threads.

What happens to all his team? They're all leaving too - but presumably they are paid by the Albion, not by RDZ. So, do they have a choice of staying/leaving - or if they all 'have to leave' because of the decision between BHA & RDZ - who pays them for the early release of their contracts and so on. Does RDZ pay them? Could they actually refuse to leave and stay to honour their contract? Or do we have to pay them compo for ending their contract early? Or what??
Could just read the announcement on the club website :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here