Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi: "Now we don't have high motivation"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My motivation was also low today. Sadly not enough for me to not waste the day going to the match. I have no issue with us losing matches, or playing badly. I have a lot of issue with players not bothering when we have paid to turn up. Not acceptable and the manager is paid to ensure that doesn’t happen.

Teams that end one season badly tend to start the next badly. Problem.

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
How long is a dip allowed to run though? Until end season? Into next and the first what, 10 games? No wins in 20 by then?

I’d say that if we hit the last week of November with no wins then we’re entitled to pull the trigger. Not before though.

Gives our next coach four weeks of acclimatisation before not being backed in the January transfer window.

Dunky still gets lots of blocks and headers in but even he is struggling a bit. Can't see him being picked for euros remembering he got slaughtered in his last England game.
Am wondering if Kluivert finished off his chances at the end there

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Erm I think he would ! 20m is a lot of money. He needs to sit down with RDZ after the man u game and see if he has any fight left. And then come to some kind of agreement if he wants to go. However , I'm sure bloom will not allow him to join anywhere else for at least 6 months as part of that agreement though.
I think decisions need to be made before then,... this downbeat culture cannot be allowed to fester, our reputation is worth more than any potential compensation....

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think decisions need to be made before then,... this downbeat culture cannot be allowed to fester, our reputation is worth more than any potential compensation....

Plus one or two wins (dare to dream!) would mean a few higher league places and quite a few million in prize money. Not convinced anything would happen till after the season though CH style.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Before I start into this RDZ pile in is there a chance that his English has tripped him up here? Substitute the word motivation with confidence and it reads very differently.
No. Partly because I like to give the guy some credit - his spoken English is clearly good even if he occasionally leans on an interpreter to understand the question properly, and partly because he uses the word "confidence" correctly about a minute later in the same interview.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’d say that if we hit the last week of November with no wins then we’re entitled to pull the trigger. Not before though.

Gives our next coach four weeks of acclimatisation before not being backed in the January transfer window.
So 1 win in ten currently; add another 4 no wins until end of season. Then we don’t win until Nov next season, so…what 1 win in 30 before you pull the trigger? Hmmm, very generous!

Mar 4, 2024
Everyone's motivation was spot on 143 days ago, vs Marseille at home. Injuries must play a part since then. The Roma away was a massive reality check. RDZ poorly managed that. Since then, it's catch up. Which is constantly changing selections to fit his system, instead of finding a system to fit the players. And I don't apologise for again saying this. But why Fati has not played, or been given an opportunity in the 2nd half of the season, is arrogance on one of their parts. To finish
1 I hope he has another season to push on.
2 The rhodendrom in the garden has fully bloomed splendidly, when I walked out to view this am, despite the unseasonably weather.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Before I start into this RDZ pile in is there a chance that his English has tripped him up here? Substitute the word motivation with confidence and it reads very differently.
Yes. And if we treat defeats on the pitch as wins also it’s an entirely different picture. Breaking news…we’re in the CL next season!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everyone's motivation was spot on 143 days ago, vs Marseille at home. Injuries must play a part since then. The Roma away was a massive reality check. RDZ poorly managed that. Since then, it's catch up. Which is constantly changing selections to fit his system, instead of finding a system to fit the players. And I don't apologise for again saying this. But why Fati has not played, or been given an opportunity in the 2nd half of the season, is arrogance on one of their parts. To finish
1 I hope he has another season to push on.
2 The rhodendrom in the garden has fully bloomed splendidly, when I walked out to view this am, despite the unseasonably weather.

When Fati plays, NSC en masse destroys him as a rubbish footballer and physicality bottler.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here