[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi: "Now we don't have high motivation"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
And now he really is hanging out the players to dry. He's done the refs, board, young players and now it's the whole group.

He believes his own hype. Quite an incredible admission by a man completely and utterly unaware of his role in all this.

*FWIW, I will always be thankful for one of the most incredible seasons of watching Albion last year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well there is something wrong at the club but I doubt we will truly know what's gone on but I don't think our performances can now be written down to just injuries.
of course not. it's injuries leading to fewer chances, leading to poor form, leading to poor results, and a manager who doesn't want to or cant get the second string to compete, leading to more apathy within the squad.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And now he really is hanging out the players to dry. He's done the refs, board, young players and now it's the whole group.

He believes his own hype. Quite an incredible admission by a man completely and utterly unaware of his role in all this.

*FWIW, I will always be thankful for one of the most incredible seasons of watching Albion last year.
Yep. It’s pathetic. Shameful.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
As if there were any doubt...

Yep, I just said as much on the match thread just a short while ago, players seem to be really struggling with motivation.

Perhaps part of the problem there isn’t much to fight for now (except the merit money) - next year’s place in the PL is guaranteed, European qualifier pretty much evaporated- all that is left is mid-low table mediocrity - after last season, even after the Europas, it has all come as a big anticlimax - For the fans but I’m sure for the players and Coach too - they are also human - one injury after another for months and months just as you get one back another key player is out - that has got to be demoralising after putting in the work, it must feel like one knock back after another has gradually worn everyone down.

Perhaps they should give training a miss one day next week and go on a day trip to France, do lots of shopping and have a slap up meal :lolol:

Role on summer.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Thinking about this again. It's a bit as if he wants to get sacked. Any suitors won't want to pay the compensation so it's his way of downing tools and forcing a move.

I'd actually prefer it if Lalanna and Gross player managed it for the last 4 games. It would be more fun and the players would play better than this.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Yep, I just said as much on the match thread just a short while ago, players seem to be really struggling with motivation.

Perhaps part of the problem there isn’t much to fight for now (except the merit money) - next year’s place in the PL is guaranteed, European qualifier pretty much evaporated- all that is left is mid-low table mediocrity - after last season, even after the Europas, it has all come as a big anticlimax - For the fans but I’m sure for the players and Coach too - they are also human - one injury after another for months and months just as you get one back another key player is out - that has got to be demoralising after putting in the work, it must feel like one knock back after another has gradually worn everyone down.

Role on summer.
The team should be fighting for us, the fans. They have given up on us!

Reactions: cjd

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I didn’t watch the game today but can someone explain why he brought on Veltman and Webster when we were two down?

Neither Offiah or Igor were on a yellow, were they both injured, did we change shape and see a positive as a result

On paper seems a strange move to make when you’ve got attackers on the bench.

Does he want to be sacked?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports