Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi continuity planning: Francesco Farioli

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Farioli would be a good fit for Brighton to continue with a very similar RDZ tactics but like RDZ Farioli appears to never stick around it very much reminds me of the managment consultants who were popular a few years back I had experienced this twice often arriving at very short notice With a small team each of whum has and plays a specific role the first thing is to identify the senior pepole not the senior by position but senior by influence and try to get them on side very quickly and if not get them out, develop a plan based on what’s available and using ideas generated within make changes only if needed and make them very fast you need instant buy in and instant results then ride the wave and before it all unravels get out
Too be honest anyone who comes here and has any measure of success we'll be lucky to hang to for more than two seasons, so I do not see this as an issue

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Too be honest anyone who comes here and has any measure of success we'll be lucky to hang to for more than two seasons, so I do not see this as an issue
No I agree it’s just got me wondering will RDZ or Farioli ever settle at any club or akin to management consultants be forever on the move leaving in there wake bits for the next person to pick up

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We may have done some initial work before RDZ went but we will only now be able to do formal interviews etc. I reckon we’ll know sometime next week. There’s no hurry. Only deadline really is getting the person in ready to plan for pre season.
Not sure about this.

We at least want the manager's input into player recruitment. This isn't the same as giving them control, but some basics. Are they going to play 3 and the back, 4 at the back, do they play with classic style or inverted wingers? We can then go and recruit on the basis of what the style the manager wants.

If we can get the candidate we want, the sooner the better for me

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No I agree it’s just got me wondering will RDZ or Farioli ever settle at any club or akin to management consultants be forever on the move leaving in there wake bits for the next person to pick up
Whilst they are still climbing the greasy pole you maybe right.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Probably not unless like Klopp/Pep they are winning titles and European trophies. That's their aspiration I believe so will keep on moving upwards until they get there.

We have to accept that getting more than 2 seasons out of a manager is very difficult in modern football. They either fail and get sacked, or succeed and move on to a supposed "bigger club".

It's frustrating, but that is how it is.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2Probably not unless like Klopp/Pep they are winning titles and European trophies. That's their aspiration I believe so will keep on moving upwards until they get there.

We have to accept that getting more than 2 seasons out of a manager is very difficult in modern football. They either fail and get sacked, or succeed and move on to a supposed "bigger club".

It's frustrating, but that is how it is.
It's not that case in the Albion's case tho, is it? A decent manager wants - quite rightly - to press on to greater glory. Their vision aligns with that of most non-licker supporters. The club, on the other hand, are way more interested in maintaining their status as a tidy non-threatening 'well run club'. The two positions are not compatible sadly

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The club, on the other hand, are way more interested in maintaining their status as a tidy non-threatening 'well run club'. The two positions are not compatible sadly

That's disingenuous. It's been stated many times by TBMBE and PBOBE that the clubs purpose is to be a top ten club.

How many clubs have crashed and burned by reckless, gambling financial suicide? Leeds, Sunderland, Derby, Pompey.... The lower leagues are littered with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here