Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Jones

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It was good to have a ref who clearly was NOT having loads of players in his ear all the time. Pretty much every occasion someone came over to hassle him, he waved them away. Pity Attwell at Spurs last week didn't take the same approach - but then, you need a ref with authority to carry it off, and refs who are crap don't have that authority.

I also very much liked the fact that he allowed Enciso to fully celebrate his wonder goal. From recollection he stood there watching the celebrations for ages - most refs would have got all uppity and tried to herd us back to the centre spot.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ref was so good . . He'll be championship in a matter of days.

The Moises lecture at the end was a great Example. We were time wasting and pushing our luck For a few minutes.
Yes, and that seemed to coincide with Chelsea pressure.

I've long felt the best way to see a match out is to keep the pressure on in the opponents half. Used to drive me nuts under Chris when we sat back. I'm glad RDZ was annoyed about it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wasn't there a shirt pull on Dunk as well which stopped him getting to the ball from a corner?
No. Lewis decided to try and win a penalty by diving to the floor when if he'd stayed upright he would have had a very clear header in the centre of the 6 yard box. Understandable after last week but a shame.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I agree, the referee yesterday had an excellent game. Got most things spot on - let the game flow, very fair to both teams. If we’d have lost I’d be saying the same. Well played.

As good as anyone in the league.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Credit where credit is due, he was decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here