Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie simpson

lenny

Jul 19, 2005
BEXHILL-ON-SEA
A snippet from today's Daily Star and I quote :-

BRIGHTON boss Russell Slade is prepared to meet Coventry's asking price of £400,000 pounds to land striker Robbie Simpson.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Didn't he play on the wing most of last season? Maybe RS has that in mind too - a winger who can back up the strikers, or vice versa... Versatility has got to be a big plus given the inevitable injuries.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
This makes no sense at all,i still feel one of our present forwards is going.As said before the midfield is very weak.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Suggesting that we are losing Murray then? If hes looking for another big moeny striker

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
While I don't doubt RS ability to pick the right man (yet).

Surely if we are going to make one of our biggest purchases ever we could get someone a bit more exciting than Simpson?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes it does, we need an attacking winger.

Indeed we do.

Though I guess the question is do we spend quite a large sum to get a player who can fill in there but is more suited at another position or do we go chase an out and out attacking winger who will only play in that role?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Wouldn't really like to spend more than 250K on Simpson. For 400K i would possibly want the best player in the division, or up there, andd this guy really isn't a dead cert to perform...:shrug:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Yes it does, we need an attacking winger.

I agree.......Simpson although can play on the wing,likes to think himself a centre forward.Lets get real winger ! I stand by my guess that we are going to loose one of our forwards and Simpson might be a replacement.(sell Murray for £800,000,and use that money on the team )......

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Wouldn't really like to spend more than 250K on Simpson. For 400K i would possibly want the best player in the division, or up there, andd this guy really isn't a dead cert to perform...:shrug:

But if he does perform and Big RS gets the best out of him he might be one of the best in the league :thumbsup:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
But if he does perform and Big RS gets the best out of him he might be one of the best in the league :thumbsup:

Excuse me young sir, we are on North Stand Chat. It's not mine, or your job, to complement any player. :bla:

But if i stop being a :tosser: , yes, you make a very good point!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I dont understand this one. Simpson apparently stated he only leave if it guarenteed him a place up front. Therefore surely he wont drop a division to play on the wing for us, when he is already doing that for coventry in the championship. If we are signing him as a striker which i guess we are, i dont see why we need to spend that much, on someone who has had just one good season in the conference???. Dont think we need another striker, if Rs believes we do, would rather see someone like Akinfenwa come in, or danny graham. If we are signing him as a winger, i cant understand paying out 400k for someone who doesnt want to play there and its not his natural position?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
For 400k I would want Gary McSheffery or Bradley Johnson not this Simpson bloke who is not proven.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
For 400k I would want Gary McSheffery or Bradley Johnson not this Simpson bloke who is not proven.

Mcsheffery has been attracting interest from birmingham according to one of the papers, cant remember if they had bid, or had a bid rejected but it was about £1million.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Mcsheffery has been attracting interest from birmingham according to one of the papers, cant remember if they had bid, or had a bid rejected but it was about £1million.

Shame really because 400k is about his money really. Surely a small punt on Billy Clarke would be better than blowing this much on Simpson. Does anyone think we have had our 300k worth out of Murray yet? Maybe in glimpses. Alright we may see his full potential next season as he has been injured alot this season but what if he continues to be injured. Money well spent- the jury is out for me.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I agree.......Simpson although can play on the wing,likes to think himself a centre forward.Lets get real winger ! I stand by my guess that we are going to loose one of our forwards and Simpson might be a replacement.(sell Murray for £800,000,and use that money on the team )......

There is no way we would get 800k for Murray- I would bite off someone else's chairman's hand for that much.

Stumpy Tim

If we're spending $400k on a striker I can't see Murray staying. Not when we have Forster, Davis & Hart also playing. Five strikers seems excessive, especially when we only have 2 midfielders.

A 3-2-5 formation would be FLAIR though

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
IMO £400,000 doesnt buy Mcsheffrey or anyone of that class. I do agree though, that he will play up front, it doesnt mean Muzza is going either, you need competition for places and strength in depth if you are going to challenge.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here