Robbie Savage

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
Do your homework properly, and look at where we played while he was on loan with us.

Tell me where i was wrong?

I am fully aware of where Brighton & Hove Albion played when Robbie Savage was at the club, despite not being there at the times.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My proposed publisher has estimated the number of readers to be your number multipled by 10,000. You are entitled to your opinion however.

I do genuinely wish you all the best with your endeavour. I personally think that it's complete madness, but its precisely this sort of benign eccentricity that makes Britain such a fantastic place to live (see: Blokes who build things in their own sheds, trainspotters, that bloke who made sculptures the size of a pin head, any Bill Bryson book, Trevor Bayliss etc.)

Like I said, I do like Savage alot - he seems to me to be a really nice chap. There's no escaping the fact that he was RUBBISH during his Albion tenure though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not everybody is as fortunate as me. Many fans were unable to attend many of Robbie's games. And what is to say they remember what boots he wore? what if they would like to read about my view of the boots?

:lolol:

Ok Ok, YOU WIN.

PLEASE!!! I can't take any more! :lolol:

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Tell me where i was wrong?

I am fully aware of where Brighton & Hove Albion played when Robbie Savage was at the club, despite not being there at the times.

If he played for us now, he would be playing in front of 20K people every game.
Scrub that. He's not good enough to play for us now.

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
If he played for us now, he would be playing in front of 20K people every game.
Scrub that. He's not good enough to play for us now.

Well you've just proved my point haven't you?

If Robbie Savage played for Brighton & Hove Albion now, a much larger number of fans will have seem him in action and his profile at Brighton and the number of people interested him would be much higher.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Well you've just proved my point haven't you?

If Robbie Savage played for Brighton & Hove Albion now, a much larger number of fans will have seem him in action and his profile at Brighton and the number of people interested him would be much higher.

Fella - whatever the outcome of this thread and your book - fair play - you ahve made me laugh louder and longer than I have in a long time.

I think there is a flaw you may not have considered or have considered and are deciding to ignore.

The bloke is a cock.

Not in a nasty way - just in a way that people with average ability often search for 'their thing' that gets them column inches and some exposure.

And Savage did just that throughout his career.

Therefore old fruit the more people that watched him will result in a larger number of people thinking he is a cock. And therefore less likely to buy your book - about a cock.

Becuase he was averrage and a cock not many people - other than ver very special people - will be interested in him, his boots, his face, his stupid hair cut or his disagreements with other players through his career.

Have you asked yourself why no-one has ever decided to write this sort of book about him? It's probably because other than a couple of smilers from the local funny farm, no-one actually gives a toss.

If your publisher (mother) thinks there is a market of 50,000 out there for this book - ask one simple question.

On that basis please may have a forward sum of £10,000 secured against the future revenue from sales?

As they collapse in laughter or run like the f***ing wind over the horizon you will sadly realise that only you, your Uncle Benedict in a special hospital in Sacremento and your cat will be interested in buying this book.

Anyway - please keep posting as I will be hugely interested in the launch - seriously - I am not joking., I will be really interested in the launch - please keep everyone up to date.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
Fella - whatever the outcome of this thread and your book - fair play - you ahve made me laugh louder and longer than I have in a long time.

I think there is a flaw you may not have considered or have considered and are deciding to ignore.

The bloke is a cock.

Not in a nasty way - just in a way that people with average ability often search for 'their thing' that gets them column inches and some exposure.

And Savage did just that throughout his career.

Therefore old fruit the more people that watched him will result in a larger number of people thinking he is a cock. And therefore less likely to buy your book - about a cock.

Becuase he was averrage and a cock not many people - other than ver very special people - will be interested in him, his boots, his face, his stupid hair cut or his disagreements with other players through his career.

Have you asked yourself why no-one has ever decided to write this sort of book about him? It's probably because other than a couple of smilers from the local funny farm, no-one actually gives a toss.

If your publisher (mother) thinks there is a market of 50,000 out there for this book - ask one simple question.

On that basis please may have a forward sum of £10,000 secured against the future revenue from sales?

As they collapse in laughter or run like the f***ing wind over the horizon you will sadly realise that only you, your Uncle Benedict in a special hospital in Sacremento and your cat will be interested in buying this book.

Anyway - please keep posting as I will be hugely interested in the launch - seriously - I am not joking., I will be really interested in the launch - please keep everyone up to date.

Love or hate Savage, THERE IS INTEREST IN HIM. Believe me Sir i have spent an immense amount of time researching before i even considered planning this book. I have seeked balanced views. I have spoke to many people who do not like Robbie as a player or as a person, who would consider purchasing my book when it is published. This is because it's my unique story on a unique individual.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
0,,10273~4215558,00.jpg

OK, I give in. They were white!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hi Savaged. Best of luck with the book, I hope you find it a very enjoyable experience.

In regard to Savage when he was with us.. I remember reading the local paper (Argus) which had it's back page dominated by a picture of Savage and lots of quotes along the lines of 'No offense to Brighton but I'm better than this level.' and 'I'm only here to put myself in the shop window.' I felt like this could have been a bit of a mistake, but expected him to put in a blinding performance for us after such talk. When he eventually took to the field I was VERY disappointed. He seemed slower than anyone I'd ever seen bar maybe our 97 year-old center-half Guy Butters. He was at least three yards off the pace, bossy, and generally very poor. He lost possession a lot, but I did think on occasions his positioning was good and but his general demeanor and lack of interest in anything other than his hair was astonishing. He simply didn't appear to give a shit and that may be why such a large number of Brighton fans on here think the guys is a cock.

Love or hate Savage, THERE IS INTEREST IN HIM. Believe me Sir i have spent an immense amount of time researching before i even considered planning this book. I have seeked balanced views. I have spoke to many people who do not like Robbie as a player or as a person, who would consider purchasing my book when it is published. This is because it's my unique story on a unique individual.

You know on X-Factor auditions when someone is convinced that they can sing... and then Simon Cowell tears them apart because in actual fact they are not only talentless but totally deluded and a bit mental? And then everyone laughs at them. Well for some reason I'm reminded of that right now.

Have you ever thought that people are just being nice to you re your book because they can see how important RS is to you and they don't want to upset you?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
You know on X-Factor auditions when someone is convinced that they can sing... and then Simon Cowell tears them apart because in actual fact they are not only talentless but totally deluded and a bit mental? And then everyone laughs at them. Well for some reason I'm reminded of that right now.

Have you ever thought that people are just being nice to you re your book because they can see how important RS is to you and they don't want to upset you?

But, he might turn out to be the writers version of Susan Boyle!

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012

I have seeked opinions from professionals, from friends, from those who don't know me, in person and online. The majority of feedback has been positive.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He was shit.

he was not that bad ...........well for us maybe but when he was on song(reference to his Welshness) he was mustard I did'nt/don't mind him at all and would not hold the fact that he is Welsh against him

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
This thread has given me such a chuckle. Could it be heading for gold?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports