Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane off to LA Galaxy

DJB

Jul 31, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
"Tottenham Hotspur have accepted a bid from LA Galaxy for Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane according to reports.

Sky Sports' Chief News Reporter Bryan Swanson has said Spurs have accepted a bid, believed to have been in the region of £3million, from Galaxy.

The Major League Soccer transfer window closes in the early hours of Monday morning so the race is on for Keane to thrash out personal terms with the club."

OK just a few questions -

His name was put forward as a brighton target over the summer. Have we missed out?

Does CMS look expensive now next to the RK price tag?

Are we still after a top name striker? If so how much do we have to spend and who would you like to see?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
"Tottenham Hotspur have accepted a bid from LA Galaxy for Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane according to reports.

Sky Sports' Chief News Reporter Bryan Swanson has said Spurs have accepted a bid, believed to have been in the region of £3million, from Galaxy.

The Major League Soccer transfer window closes in the early hours of Monday morning so the race is on for Keane to thrash out personal terms with the club."

OK just a few questions -

His name was put forward as a brighton target over the summer. Have we missed out?

Does CMS look expensive now next to the RK price tag? have you considered the difference in wage demands might have something to do with it!

Are we still after a top name striker? If so how much do we have to spend and who would you like to see?

I suggest we wait on Hoskins. Suspect he and CMS will be the main strike force.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No. For a striker coming to the end of his career - hence the only big money move was to the States - I'd say CMS price tag was very very good.

Hope the move doesn't go though though. I get the feeling he may be Gus' player to sign on deadline day

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
He was earning in the region of 70K a week at Spurs, one of their top earners. We wouldnt entertain half that, plus as Mr Burns has correctly stated he is coming to the end of his career. CMS all the way for me, I still feel it was a massive coo by Gus, as there was interest from Premier teams.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I'm a big fan of Robbie Keane but he looks to have lost a lot of his ability in the last couple of seasons. Would much rather have CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here