Rob Hunt to Oldham on Permanent deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Strange one this according to our website Hunt is 22 and signed for Oldham on a 2 year deal?

According to Oldham's website he's 21 and he's signed a 3 year deal?

The 22-year-old has signed a two-year deal and returns to Boundary Park after a successful loan spell last season, in which he made ten appearances.

Hunt, who spent time on loan with Latics last season, joins the club on a three-year deal.
The 21-year-old joined on loan in January and made his debut against Bradford City coming on as a 84th minute substitute before making his first start in the 0-1 win over Chesterfield.*

He had his 22nd birthday 6 days ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Allegedly has a 300K release clause, and Forest and Wigan are interested.

I hope we have a sell on clause, for a few quid bonus to the coffers.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You will for a while. Still very early days for our academy.

Indeed, we need to view the academy like a vineyard. It takes around seven years for new vines to produce a decent vintage. The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre only opened in December 2014, so the earliest we should expect a first team ready product is still 3 years away. Anything before then would be a massive bonus.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Indeed, we need to view the academy like a vineyard. It takes around seven years for new vines to produce a decent vintage. The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre only opened in December 2014, so the earliest we should expect a first team ready product is still 3 years away. Anything before then would be a massive bonus.

True - and in fairness I think the quality of our academy side has gone up exponentially in the last few years. Walton certainly does look the real deal. Molumby is a bit unlucky as I think without the injury we would have seen him get some first team games with our lack of CMs this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports