Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rob hulse

Nov 20, 2003
hove
got some info today that we are intrested in rob hulse also gus and his gang are not to impresed with ryan harleys attitude and application .sorce was an albion scout in case you ask

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just what Cms needs imo, a proven performer at this level and above, if he is fit again. As for Harley, if there is anything in this, i'd a bit miffed tbh, as knowing a players personality is a major factor in signing players and something Poyet has referred to on more than one occasion.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He was good in Animal House, less so in Amadeus

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Rob Hulse is your answer, you must have asked the wrong question.

If the question was. What striker could be available, has lots of championship/premier league experience, scores 1 in 4 on average and could give us a physical presents up front. Then Rob Hulse would be a perfectly suitable answer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If the question was. What striker could be available, has lots of championship/premier league experience, scores 1 in 4 on average and could give us a physical presents up front. Then Rob Hulse would be a perfectly suitable answer.

Its a physical presence in midfield and defence that is the problem.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

Exactly. Now I will get flamed for this, and be told that he is just an old Palace carthorse, but I was watching Oldham vs MK Dons last week, and once MK came out of their shell, Clinton Morrison was giving Oldham all kinds of grief. Eventually, they played it long, Morrison (I think) got a knockdown and played the ball out to the left wing, in came the cross and bang, MK Dons were back in the game. Not that I am suggesting we want Morrison (he is on loan from Sheffield Wednesday, so obviously he can't get in their team), but he gave a great illustration of what this type of forward can do for you.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
22 appearances(9 as sub), 2 goals, 0 assists, 26 attempts on goal. He's all yours.

And three years ago he was Derby's player of the year and the fans player of the year. Sometimes players just need a change of club to give them a new lease of life. Warnock is not the easiest manager to get along with ask Danny Cullip.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Exactly. Now I will get flamed for this, and be told that he is just an old Palace carthorse, but I was watching Oldham vs MK Dons last week, and once MK came out of their shell, Clinton Morrison was giving Oldham all kinds of grief. Eventually, they played it long, Morrison (I think) got a knockdown and played the ball out to the left wing, in came the cross and bang, MK Dons were back in the game. Not that I am suggesting we want Morrison (he is on loan from Sheffield Wednesday, so obviously he can't get in their team), but he gave a great illustration of what this type of forward can do for you.

Very much this....A few months ago when a few people mentioned the name Ricthie Lambert many on here said he was fat, slow and they would not want him at the Albion.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just what Cms needs imo, a proven performer at this level and above, if he is fit again. As for Harley, if there is anything in this, i'd a bit miffed tbh, as knowing a players personality is a major factor in signing players and something Poyet has referred to on more than one occasion.

I don't think it's up front that we need the bulk, Hoskins will be adequate support for CMS, in fact anybody would be a bonus as he's all alone up there!!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I don't think it's up front that we need the bulk, Hoskins will be adequate support for CMS, in fact anybody would be a bonus as he's all alone up there!!

I think that the option of having a big man up front is JUST as important as have some steel in midfield. Having someone up front who can come on when we are under pressure and hold the ball up in the final third will help relieve the pressure on our defence, and enable the midfield time to get forward again. A player like this would be just what we need when we are hanging on to a lead like with Blackpool and Leeds for example...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4453939 said:
I think that the option of having a big man up front is JUST as important as have some steel in midfield. Having someone up front who can come on when we are under pressure and hold the ball up in the final third will help relieve the pressure on our defence, and enable the midfield time to get forward again. A player like this would be just what we need when we are hanging on to a lead like with Blackpool and Leeds for example...

Take your point, either way we need some Strength on the field!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I suspect Ryan Harley might be to Vicente as Lee Steele was to Bobby Zamora, namely seemed liked a great signing until an even better one appeared a few weeks later.

See Dion Dublin and Eric Cantona for further reading.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
maybe gus should of gone for jason scotland as reported in pre season, same as hulse but better in my books, and did anyone see his goal yesterday on the football league show yesterday? Pure Class!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Who has zero experience above league 1....Think we already have enough players who have no experience at this level don't you?

Read properly before jumping down my throat, I said someone LIKE Jordan Rhodes, a tall strong striker who will link up well with CMS and also knows where the goal is...

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
is Rob Hulse better than Glenn Murray over the past three years? Not looking back but f*** me, I would have loved to have seen Murray play with CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here