Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roadworks on A23 this morning

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I drive to Crawley every day and was gob smacked by the traffic this morning. Miles of cones even though no work was being carried out. What a f***ing discrace. It was the same South bound.

Anyone else caught in this? My colleague tells me its coz of draining and its gonna be like that until end of April.:rant:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yeah I got stuck in it this morning too, it has been going on for a few weeks now, but it is the first time it has not been cleared away before the morning rush.

It says they are replacing worn out drainage.

I have no idea where the bloody workmen were either. A complete joke. Could be fun later for people trying to get to the game, Handcorss Hill down to 1 lane.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
We've had gas works in our road since the beginning of March and they only work a couple of days a week. f*** knows when it will finish.

And there's millions of potholes everywhere that are damaging cars. Where's the money gone to fund this inevitable problem every year?

D

Deleted member 18477

Yeah I got stuck in it this morning too, it has been going on for a few weeks now, but it is the first time it has not been cleared away before the morning rush.

It says they are replacing worn out drainage.

I have no idea where the bloody workmen were either. A complete joke. Could be fun later for people trying to get to the game, Handcorss Hill down to 1 lane.

going northbound where does it resume as normal? (3 lanes)

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
It said on the news this morning that they did not complete the work in time for the morning rush hour traffic.

D

Deleted member 18477

It said on the news this morning that they did not complete the work in time for the morning rush hour traffic.

this phrase doesnt exist anymore.

from 7am till about 9.30am its manic!

and from 3.30pm till about 7pm its manic!

driving is horrendous these days. but still not quite as bad as the train.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I got stuck in it too. Ended up going down the old Brighton road from Albourne, and then took the slip road up past Hickstead and down again. Took 25 minutes to get through it

Actually so did I as my work chum texted me before hand. Turned off at the Texaco, went through Fulking, and up past our old Albourne cottage and school. Beat my work chum by 20 mins even though he left 30 mins before me.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Does anybody know if this is still going on now? I've got to go through there about 2pm?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
heard the radio and didn't bother. WFH for me today

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Actually so did I as my work chum texted me before hand. Turned off at the Texaco, went through Fulking, and up past our old Albourne cottage and school. Beat my work chum by 20 mins even though he left 30 mins before me.

**Stalker alert** - why did you bother going though the village to go past the school ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Wondered what was happening, I assumed it was a big crash. Took me 1 1/4 to haywards heath instead of the usual 35 mins. I went through Hurspierpoint in the end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fortunately I heard about the carnage before I took the A23.

Stayed on the A27 past the A23 junction and went via Ditchling Beacon instead. 35 minutes Shoreham to Haywards Heath, so not too bad. I don't like that downhill bit at the Beacon though, the road is in a right state.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Does anybody know if this is still going on now? I've got to go through there about 2pm?

The Highway agency tools forgot to clear away the cones. Would be typical if they left them there all day especially with Derby fans coming down and Albion fans coming from norther areas of Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here