Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road works on the drive back from Peterboro' !!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just posted this on a different thread:

The coach we were on smelt like p##s :sick: and due to the roadworks,we didn't get back to Withdean till 2.30 ---12 hours round trip :ohmy:

I missed you again simmo was going up on the coach from withdean but cancelled it as my son was playing in the(rearranged ) Essex schools cup final in Hornchurch also got stuck in traffic coming home, bloody one lane over dartford crossing and m23 slip road closed got in at 1am myself

One day our paths will cross:facepalm:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yep, Blackwall Tunnell and Hooley for us as well. What a pain.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Just posted this on a different thread:

The coach we were on smelt like p##s :sick: and due to the roadworks,we didn't get back to Withdean till 2.30 ---12 hours round trip :ohmy:

You should always take an extra pair of those special pants on away trips.
Must have been a nightmare for the others.

My driver, the very nice [MENTION=2932]patbha[/MENTION], took the A1 and Heathrow route. Back at 00.45. :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

My driver, the very nice [MENTION=2932]patbha[/MENTION], took the A1 and Heathrow route. Back at 00.45. :)

[MENTION=24555]sidtheseagull[/MENTION]--I used to work in a lot of council run old peoples homes before they closed,so have first hand experience of those pants:eek:

I thought our driver was going to visit his old mum in Brentwood at one time last night:wink:

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
I didn't notice any sign's on the M11 saying the M25 junction was closed...there could have been. Not knowing the area, we ended up at services at Redbridge, then took the A12 out to the M25, added a bit to the journey...but, now I know the M11 brings you to the Blackwall Tunnell for A2/A20/M25...will be using that next time

Thought it was a joke when the M25/M23 Junction was closed, and was convinced a Palace fan had been out playing silly-buggers with the cones!!..

That said, Peterborough is one of the most direct and easiest away games to get to..

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la

We went back via Blackwall tunnel and opened all car windows singing Leo Ulloa song all the way through, good reverberation. Also had M25/M23 saga but still managed back to Worthing 00:45: thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
First the ramp from the M11 south to the M25 east was closed so continued south thru the Blackwall Tunnel and A2 - that added probably 30mins to my journey.

Then the ramp from the M25 west to the M23 south was closed so had to go north up the M23 to Hooley to do a U-turn. Another 10mins added.

Did anyone else get caught in these or were you smart enough to plan ahead?

This exactly - and the hour to get from Jun 7 on M25 to Clacket lane on the way up had me very nervous.

Yep both of these although we took the North Circular back out to the M25 and across at Dartfor but suspect it was the same time as carrying on through the Blackwall Tunnel. Couldn't believe it when we then couldn't get off at the M23 as well.

In hindsight should have gone round the other way.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This exactly - and the hour to get from Jun 7 on M25 to Clacket lane on the way up had me very nervous.

Because of the accident in the roadworks I diverted onto the A25, but very slow through Oxted and Limpsfield. Not sure I saved any time.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
My driver has a wonderful Sat Nav and a heavy right foot. A1(m). M25 via LHR clear. U turn at Hooley. No sign about that at all so I guess everyone got caught. Lovely wheel spin to get away from Croydon tho'. Good driving. Home at 12:15 (Burgess Hill).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here