Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RMT Strike

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Its signallers not signalmen, there are a few lazy women in the job.

Dear colleague,

Network Rail – legal action

As you will probably now be aware, Network Rail has decided to drag your union into court rather than hammer out a negotiated settlement.

RMT will of course defend its position vigorously in court – the union ran a perfectly above-board ballot – and the strike action scheduled for next week remains on.

I will keep you updated as matters progress.

Yours in unity,

Bob Crow

RMT General Secretary
"Yours in unity"? How left wing is that comment? I bet he'll still be getting paid while you lot are on unpaid strike action. That's what really annoys me about the union bosses. I bet he's on a cracking wage as well for trying to hold the country to ransom.

Oh, and I'm sticking with signalmen, as signallers sounds a like they are ground crew at an airport using semaphore.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The would be a ballot from signal boxes that no longer exist. I remember last time there was a vote from a "Brighton" one. The argus did a picture of it in 1966 or whenever and now.

Of course its the carpark and is no longer there...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh and we live in a COMPENSATION culture.

Ambulance CHASERS are everywhere. They even advertise is hospitals. Its an injury solicitors DREAM so with H&S everywhere are these cuts dangerous? Or are they really just trimming the "fat"...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Court rules in favour of National Rail, YIPEEEEEE

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No 4 day holiday for the lazy signalmen. Mahahahaha.

It was never going to be, Signalmen still had to go into work every day. Anyway lets hope between now and the next ballot Network Rail realise the strength of feeling among the workers and get back around the negotiating table.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm gutted had planed a nice few days of not coming in to the office on top of the bank holiday. No doubt they will just reschedule

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm gutted had planed a nice few days of not coming in to the office on top of the bank holiday. No doubt they will just reschedule

Me too. Normally against any kind of strike with the exception of railways and tube as it means I stay at home :whistle:

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
No 4 day holiday for the lazy signalmen. Mahahahaha.

You are obviously totally clueless mate....probably never been near a train track in your life:rant:

I work on the railway and i am on the new t&cs already doing a min of 68 weekend shifts now.....It is not the greatest system but it is workable. Life is totally different at the weekend but it is better in the week now. Does your body clock in a bit though!!!

"Yours in unity"? How left wing is that comment? I bet he'll still be getting paid while you lot are on unpaid strike action. That's what really annoys me about the union bosses. I bet he's on a cracking wage as well for trying to hold the country to ransom.

Oh, and I'm sticking with signalmen, as signallers sounds a like they are ground crew at an airport using semaphore.

I can see the headlines:

Trade union leader in left wing comment shocker!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here