RMJ retires

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Goes in July. Will take up a teaching post at Hurstpierpoint College.

Been a great club man and probably doing the right thing going at the time he is enjoying much success with bat and ball. Good luck Tucker and thanks.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Joy. Looks like we will have to bring in some youth fast bowler seen as when didn't invest in what we needed during close season. :angry::angry::angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:clap:

A Sussex legend. Early retirement is fully deserved and I hope he enjoys his new career.

I expected him to go into the wine business as I am sure that is what he did when he was not playing cricket.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Oh that has come as a big shock. He has been probably our best player at the start of this season. He was though struggling to get a game in the limited overs sides towards the end of last season though and that seems the way that cricket is going.

Cheers Tucker, we have had some great times while you have been at the club and you were an intergral part of it. If you are off to start a new career the very best of luck to you.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Damn, great player and a genuine Sussex legend

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why take up a teaching job in july? School holidays and their cricket season is finished. Just weird why he can't play through august for us, especially as we need him then because wright will be away playing one-dayers for england

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Why take up a teaching job in july? School holidays and their cricket season is finished. Just weird why he can't play through august for us, especially as we need him then because wright will be away playing one-dayers for england

I was thinking that why mid July. Why not 1st September or something like that. Very odd!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I'd imagine he's got a little bit of training to do!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yes he has to do a two month teacher training conversion course that is very intense.

Sussex legend, does he still hold any club records, absolute travesty he never played for England, when worse when others have had their day in the sun.

What a shame he cannot play the rest of the season. Good luck and watch Hurstpierpoint get the best school cricket team in Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports