Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rivaldo - An Apology

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Dear Rivaldo,

Not sure if you logon to NSC but if you do:

During your opening game in last year's World Cup you pulled a little stunt at a corner where you went down clutching your face after a Turkish player had propelled the ball at your ankles.

At the time I was outraged and was telling anyone that would listen that I thought you should be kicked out of the tournament. However on reflection, and with the events of last Saturday fresh in my mind, I have had a change of heart.

I'm glad you got that cheating Turkish c:censored: t sent off.

I apologise.

bollox.

Rivaldo is a cheating bastard. The fact that his appalling behaviour was against Turkey is irrelevant.

Slam him for his cheating - and the Turkish players who indulged in cheating. And, while you're at it, don't forget Owen's ability to flop to the floor at just the right time.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And (ahem) Leon?

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
fatbadger said:
bollox.

Rivaldo is a cheating bastard. The fact that his appalling behaviour was against Turkey is irrelevant.

Slam him for his cheating - and the Turkish players who indulged in cheating. And, while you're at it, don't forget Owen's ability to flop to the floor at just the right time.

What's the point of me slamming him, if FIFA are going to constantly just turn a blind eye to this stuff. My post was slightly tongue in cheek, I still actually think he should have been thrown out.

I'm sure there will be some bollocks compromise over saturday night where English players are punished as severely as the Turks, because of this TV evidence that has come to light showing the end of the rumpus in the tunnel. The fact that that fat c:censored: t Alpay started it all will be conveniently overlooked.

Brady's Old Lady said:
What's the point of me slamming him, if FIFA are going to constantly just turn a blind eye to this stuff. My post was slightly tongue in cheek, I still actually think he should have been thrown out.

I'm sure there will be some bollocks compromise over saturday night where English players are punished as severely as the Turks, because of this TV evidence that has come to light showing the end of the rumpus in the tunnel. The fact that that fat c:censored: t Alpay started it all will be conveniently overlooked.

oh so sadly true.

Turkey have been investigated and fined more times for crowd problems in the last five years than any other UEFA member - and yet it was England in danger of being chucked out of the tournament if there were problems this time around. Hmmm...

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Is it very cynical of me to think that the Turkish authorities deliberately put that camera in the tunnel

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unfortunately Yorkie, trhe camera in the tunnel where that :censored: Alpay started it was 'turned off'.

The camera beyond the tunnel where Enland retaliated was turned on and the footage will be available to EUFA.

:angry:

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Brady's Old Lady said:
Dear Rivaldo,

Not sure if you logon to NSC but if you do:

During your opening game in last year's World Cup you pulled a little stunt at a corner where you went down clutching your face after a Turkish player had propelled the ball at your ankles.

At the time I was outraged and was telling anyone that would listen that I thought you should be kicked out of the tournament. However on reflection, and with the events of last Saturday fresh in my mind, I have had a change of heart.

I'm glad you got that cheating Turkish c:censored: t sent off.

I apologise.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Get a sense of humour the rest of you!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here