Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rise in holocaust denial.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Look at those dates of births.

I dont think theyre births. They started the killing when they took power in 33. The ones on the memorial before that, I cannot explain. It was a camp primarily for children, so you could be right. Really dont know though, but Feilerova suggests a married woman.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I doubt they were hiding their accent. More likely they were talking in hushed tones out of reverence.

We did think they were doing it out of self consciousness of their spoken language. This was outside too, not in one of the museums, memorials or the gas chamber. Nobody else was whispering outside like that, we certainly weren't, other people we passed weren't either.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We did think they were doing it out of self consciousness of their spoken language. This was outside too, not in one of the museums, memorials or the gas chamber. Nobody else was whispering outside like that, we certainly weren't, other people we passed weren't either.

Fair enough, I wasn't there, you were.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Visiting one of these places is not for me, I don't have to have been there to understand the pain of those who went through this nor can I comprehend the hate/evil that people must have had to commit such crimes. What I do know is that we must keep re-enforcing the message that this genocide happened and which camp it happened at or whether they were put to death or worked to death is really irrelevant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I dont think theyre births. They started the killing when they took power in 33. The ones on the memorial before that, I cannot explain. It was a camp primarily for children, so you could be right. Really dont know though, but Feilerova suggests a married woman.

As early as 33?
Having said that there is a 1927, so it probably is DOBs.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It is certainly a sad state of affairs. I currently teach in EYFS and they all want to be policemen, firefighters, doctors or train drivers. The more they grow up, the more they get sucked in to the digital world and their ambitions change.

I hope the train drivers don't have an ambition to work for Southern Rail.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Did not visit for a long time. When I did go, one of the first things I saw was my mothers family name (Feiler - Tomas & Stella) on the memorial there and that brings it right home. The main reason I avoided visiting for so long. How the poor feckers felt going down the tunnel to the execution mound is incomprehensible. That is a long tunnel, even more so if you know whats at the end of it.
Gavril Princip who assassinated Ferdinand and managed to start WW1 died there as well in 1918.

Great prison camp. Has to be one of the best propaganda stuff ever. The Nazis fooled the Red Cross completely. It's the children's performance of Brundibár caught on film and virtually every child was sent to the gas chambers. Terribly sad seeing all those kids knowing what happened to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMiuQfaysrE&t=2s

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Actually God commanded and committed a few genocides himself. Moses was ordered to slaughter the Amalekite tribe. If one is a Christian who believes that Jesus is God then Jesus committed genocide too. Maybe humans will never learn.

Or maybe humans use a god, be it real or fictitious as an excuse to kill other human beings.

Even the nazis thought they were doing gods work by ridding the world of Jews.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
And here we have a large part of the problem. Other people have mentioned the education system and what people are taught. These days, kids seem to be watching You Tube videos but don't have the skills to analyse the validity of the programs and their claims. Anyone can spout any old nonsense on their and certain like minded people will share it. Like Twitter, it just becomes an echo chamber of like minded voices which allow dangerous material like holocaust denial material to proliferate.

I wouldn't say it's just kids that lack the skills to evaluate what they watch or read. Plenty of adults off all ages could do with attending a fact/source checking course.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I wouldn't say it's just kids that lack the skills to evaluate what they watch or read. Plenty of adults off all ages could do with attending a fact/source checking course.
Very true. But "we've had enough of experts" as Gove said. Understandable from him, seeing as he's only an expert on being a complete and utter ****.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing

The Germans didn't occupy all of Czechoslovakia until 1939 although they had annexed the Sudetenland in 1938.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The world at war....yes, the mountains of bodies....that was when I decided that facism and racism (which certainly appealed to me when I was 13) were disgusting. And had to be opposed. Always.

I agree with your narrative. Agressive Remembrance is a phenomenon of the last 20 years, along with agressive 'no surrender'ing around St George's day. I find them both distasteful. But I do like the way Remembrance is headline these days. It will be interesting to see whether this starts to fade now the centenary of the start and the finish of WW1 have come and gone. It will be the 80th anniversary of the start of WW2 this year, though, and a good time I suspect for the nation to reacquaint itself with the architecture of genocidfe.

Spot on about ITV’s World at War. After the best part of 30 years trying to forget the horrors and personal losses of WW2, people started to reflect on the evils. (A brilliant series watched by people of all ages with an interest in the world).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I really don’t like the way this country is headed.

1 in 20 don’t believe it occurred.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47015184

truly ridiculous ......are they also denying the tens of thousands of german speakers executed by the russians after the war was over ......surely comes down to a lack of education and would lead on to who is pushing the anti -semetic vibe in the country and why......should give a couple of the melts on here something to spin out about as i'm sure they already have.

it's not just your country mate , it's the world ......so many dumb people.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What the Germans did...at every level of society..in terms of the persecution and mass murder of anyone considered “untermensch” is completely staggering.

I’ve been around long enough to have met many War generation Germans and discussed with them(in my A level German) the way they viewed the Nazi era. I’ve been proud to know some ex German paratroops-who defended Crete and Cassino
and ex Afrika Korps soldiers who fought so well against us in the desert. Some of them are unrepentant Nazis but will not reveal this without a good deal of beer or trust but all condemn Hitlers waste of resources trying to wipe out Jews, Gays and Gypsies.

To a man they are impressive warriors who fought hard mainly to prevent the Bolsheviks raping their way through the Reich. None had any animosity to us brits who they consider to be a natural ally and not an enemy. I even have a good friend whose father was an SS officer on the eastern front who still considers Slavs and Russians as subhuman based on his fathers views ( his dad now dead though)

I also know that modern Germans are ashamed of the holocaust but still proud of their soldiers who fought so well with terrible leadership. I don’t have a problem with them wanting to forget the holocaust but I’m also telling you for absolute certainty that even middle class educated folk in Germany are beginning to allow far right thoughts to sneak in after Merkel threw open the doors to Islamic migration. They’re sick of it and that is a very bad thing for Europe.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What the Germans did...at every level of society..in terms of the persecution and mass murder of anyone considered “untermensch” is completely staggering.

I’ve been around long enough to have met many War generation Germans and discussed with them(in my A level German) the way they viewed the Nazi era. I’ve been proud to know some ex German paratroops-who defended Crete and Cassino
and ex Afrika Korps soldiers who fought so well against us in the desert. Some of them are unrepentant Nazis but will not reveal this without a good deal of beer or trust but all condemn Hitlers waste of resources trying to wipe out Jews, Gays and Gypsies.

To a man they are impressive warriors who fought hard mainly to prevent the Bolsheviks raping their way through the Reich. None had any animosity to us brits who they consider to be a natural ally and not an enemy. I even have a good friend whose father was an SS officer on the eastern front who still considers Slavs and Russians as subhuman based on his fathers views ( his dad now dead though)

I also know that modern Germans are ashamed of the holocaust but still proud of their soldiers who fought so well with terrible leadership. I don’t have a problem with them wanting to forget the holocaust but I’m also telling you for absolute certainty that even middle class educated folk in Germany are beginning to allow far right thoughts to sneak in after Merkel threw open the doors to Islamic migration. They’re sick of it and that is a very bad thing for Europe.

what ...?? the attitude or the Islamic influx.....?? let's face it mate , it's not for everyone .....there is a similar backlash taking place in Britain , the sheer numbers involved are ridiculous,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here