Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Wing Cdr Paul Farnes

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
RIP to this great man

They do look after the old chaps rather well apparently, and rightly so.
My grandad is 97 this year and gets asked to attend various Bomber Command events to give speeches and have discussion forums with his (sadly very few) surviving comrades.
Grandad was a Lancaster navigator and regales incredible and unthinkable stories of the 1000 bomber raids. All their expenses are paid for and they get treated like the heroes they are.

On top of that, it was he who took me to my first Albion game in 1987. I’ve got a lot to thank him for in more ways than one.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Someone should have reminded them that people sacrificed their lives so he could enjoy the freedoms they have today.....

Still lets not derail the thread with negativity and salute the bravery of people like this

Normally a trumpeter from the RAF band plays the last post, at the request of the family.
I think the heros funeral is in two weeks time around Chichester I think.

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
An enormous debt of gratitude owed by each and every one of us. Absolute RESPECT !

Just imagine, if we'd lost the Battle of Britain [and we very nearly did] - we wouldn't have even had the opportunity to vote to leave Europe ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here