Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Toots,

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
i saw he had been taken to hospital a few days ago didnt realise iy was that serious. not long completed an album aswell. RIP Toots

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sad news indeed :( I saw Toots and the Maytals a few years ago at Beautiful Days and they were superb. RIP big man.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nooooooooo

I saw him a few years back and he was still in fine voice (and he was about 70 then)

What a trail of fine songs he's left behind him

Rest in peace, perfect peace

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Saw him at Brixton Academy a few years back, Keef Richards joined them on stage for the encore.

Had tickets for the tour next year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sad news. Some great old tunes and was really happy new stuff was coming out. Seems like only yesterday I was listening to him being interviewed on 6 Music but in reality it must have been before lockdown :(

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Was aware he had been poorly and was in hospital ... was so looking forward to this gig and hoping it would be rearranged :(

RIP Toots ... IMG_3226.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
RIP Toots ...... some absolute belters in his catalogue.

Can anyone listen to Monkey man without wanting to move..

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Sad news. Some great old tunes and was really happy new stuff was coming out. Seems like only yesterday I was listening to him being interviewed on 6 Music but in reality it must have been before lockdown :(

He was interviewed by Mark Radcliffe very recently – it was played last weekend, and Toots was promoting the new album.

It was quite a funny interview because Toots was a bit short with his answers and MR had to do a lot of filling-in. But Toots came across well regardless.

Funky Kingston is a regular on playlists in our house. A track that never seems to age.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
The man who gave reggae its name, with his 1968 record "do the raggay" bringing to the end the rock steady era,, an amazing career from the mid 60s ska recordings to his new album 2020,, long live toots my favourite artist thank you!! https://g.co/kgs/wvVc3z

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here