Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Tony Bennett

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A legend of music, RIP Tony.

Jul 7, 2003
A great voice - Sinatra was quoted as saying that Tony was the best singer in the business.

I was lucky enough to see him at the Albert Hall in 1999 (I think) and his voice still had the clarity and strength he was known for and was on stage longer than many artists a third of his age.

His MTV Unplugged appearance ended up in a recording which went platinum in the US and won a Grammy award in 1985

He did his last show with Lady Gaga a couple of years ago and it was said that his family were not concerned about his voice but the impact Alzheimer's Disease was starting to have on him.

RIP to a true legend of music.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A great voice - Sinatra was quoted as saying that Tony was the best singer in the business.

I was lucky enough to see him at the Albert Hall in 1999 (I think) and his voice still had the clarity and strength he was known for and was on stage longer than many artists a third of his age.

His MTV Unplugged appearance ended up in a recording which went platinum in the US and won a Grammy award in 1985

He did his last show with Lady Gaga a couple of years ago and it was said that his family were not concerned about his voice but the impact Alzheimer's Disease was starting to have on him.

RIP to a true legend of music.
Yes, Tony Bennett was the singers' singer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The last of that golden era of Italian-origin singers - Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin and Tony Bennett.

In terms of lives lived, they don't get much better than his.

R.I.P. Tony

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
An all time great, a true legend, RIP Tony.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My old mum loved him when I was just knee high…….. RIP

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
RIP
He seriously adored Lady GaGa. Evidently he practically begged her to stop smoking to save her voice from deteriorating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here