Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP the football league show

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Agree that it is absolutely awful. Cheap, tacky, dumbed-down, TV. Totally embarrassing. A crap programme on a crap channel.

And the female presenter is clearly a silly giggly 'girlie' employed to give the programme a bit of eye-candy (sorry if this is sexist, but I bet she couldn't explain the off-side rule!).

Now I wait for our match highlights to appear on Seagulls World rather than watch 30 seconds of the Albion on this crappy programme.

I reckon it will get taken off-air well before the season's end, due to dwindling viewing figures (which will result in loss of advertising revenue) and general criticism at how bad it is.

Last edited:

Agree that it is absolutely awful. Cheap, tacky, dumbed-down, TV. Totally embarrassing.

And the female presenter is clearly an air-head to give the programme a bit of eye-candy (I bet she couldn't explain the off-side rule!).

Now I wait for our match highlights to appear on Seagulls World that watch 30 seconds on the crap that is Channel 5's Football League Show.

I reckon it will get taken off-air well before the season's end, due to dwin:moo:dling viewing figures and general criticism at how bad it is.

At least they took it on,if people don't seem to realize its not ALBION tv it has to cover three leagues,soon be moaning if its taken off because of low viewing figures.:moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Makes you realise what it takes to just make an average tv show like the bbc one when you see how bad the ch5 one looks

Yet the BBC's funding should be scrapped forcing the corporation into a race to the bottom.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
And the female presenter is clearly a silly giggly 'girlie' employed to give the programme a bit of eye-candy (sorry if this is sexist, but I bet she couldn't explain the off-side rule!).

Sorry mate but that is sexist sh*te. She's a respected sports journalist who's been around football all her life. In fact I'd go as far as saying that her footballing pedigree is head and shoulders above yours and she probably does know and understand the offside rule.

That having been said the current Channel Five offering is complete tosh and I'll stick to using the Sky Sports website.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The programme has the feel of a Sunderland home game where they are 4 down nearing half time with fans leaving in droves due to the non performance of the team.

Dead certs for the start time to be pushed to a later start time unless contractually they are stuck with a 9pm start.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've already binned it in favour of the online highlights at Sky. won't be bothering again.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Instead of the random collection of embarrassed looking fans, why don't Channel Five go into full topless girls, hot beefcake and Reality Zelebs mode with blue comedians and live music....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Agree that it is absolutely awful. Cheap, tacky, dumbed-down, TV. Totally embarrassing. A crap programme on a crap channel.

Now I wait for our match highlights to appear on Seagulls World rather than watch 30 seconds of the Albion on this crappy programme.

I reckon it will get taken off-air well before the season's end, due to dwindling viewing figures (which will result in loss of advertising revenue) and general criticism at how bad it is.
I would imagine the only way Kelly Dalglish doesn't understand the offside rule is if she, like most of the rest of us, can't understand a word that her father says.

That said, the programme is woeful and I don't think I can forgive them for making to mention of the Shoreham tribute a few weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here