Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Sinisa Mihajlovic

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Sinisa Mihajlovic was the best free-kick taker ever in the history of the game. RIP

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Maybe saying something to Vieira half a lifetime ago is something that with time could be forgiven...

RIP
There's a whole host of of other things he did. Like I say vile individual.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was there in Charleroi, Euro 2000 when he got sent off for FR Yugoslavia vs Slovenia, leaving his side 3-0 down and with 10-men. A mental last half saw FR Yugoslavia bring it back to 3-3.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A typically explosive character from the Balkans for club, country and outside of football.

I used to watch Lazio games on C4.

He was just as likely to score a 35 yard screamer, as getting sent off for something really unsavoury.

RIP. 53 is far too young.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
He was very much a product of his war-torn sectarian society. His dad was murdered and his best friends were murdered and his hometown was blown to bits. He took that Balkan passion and anger and the chip on his shoulder into his games. He did apologize to Vieria for his vile remarks, but there was that dirty side to him on the pitch he spat a German player if I remember rightly. He had genius side as well, he was unmatched as far as free-kicking ability went.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here