Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Prince Buster

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Top, top effort fella. Thanks so much for that.

Can you give details of your show? Sounds more than worth checking out....

same here please

Top, top effort fella. Thanks so much for that.

Can you give details of your show? Sounds more than worth checking out....

Thanks so much for your interest in the show, much appreciated!! The best bet is to follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/skabeatsoul or Twitter @skabeatsoul where we post up details of the show each week. We broadcast live on chisoulradio.com then rebroadcast on other stations around the world. All vinyl - all crackly!! (& all from my front room!!)

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I love the dub he made for Rodigan.

Whatever the music it always sounds better on vinyl in my opinion, but especially reggae.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Fantastic memories of a great time in my life. "Al Capones guns don't argue" ! Thanks for the music.

WRONG!

dab00d60ef02ed330a1a2ff118747309.jpg

I'm bigger than you.

800px-Submachine_gun_M1928_Thompson.jpg

I'm obviously bigger than you.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
:stupid:Have to confess surprise that he was a living artist ....I had assumed he was a name from the past.. thus is my knowledge of Jamaican music.

However, back in the day at live gigs the d j would always play Prince Buster records between the sets. He had a unique sound..infectious rhythm ...Obviously a great influence on British bands later.

Now I know he was alive, I too mourn his passing.. A giant of his genre.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
I do a weekly Ska/Rocksteady/Reggae radio show every Thursday & we heard the tragic news about 2 hours before we were due to broadcast. We grabbed all the Prince Buster 45's together &
decided to do no talking (other than the intro & dedication) & just played our favourite PB tracks for an hour.

I've just uploaded it to Mixcloud so if you're a fan of the great man, or would just like to hear some fantastic, inspirational, exciting music - click on the link & Enjoy Yourself!!

https://www.mixcloud.com/paul-homer/ska-beat-soul-tribute-to-the-prince-080916/
Thanks for posting,really good stuff

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I love the dub he made for Rodigan.

Whatever the music it always sounds better on vinyl in my opinion, but especially reggae.

That's literally the only PB dubplate out there - he was notoriously difficult to pursuade to do them, unlike a lot of the later artists who saw the money in doing them. In fact artists such as Eric Monty Morris are advertising themselves out for dubs most weeks!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I do a weekly Ska/Rocksteady/Reggae radio show every Thursday & we heard the tragic news about 2 hours before we were due to broadcast. We grabbed all the Prince Buster 45's together &
decided to do no talking (other than the intro & dedication) & just played our favourite PB tracks for an hour.

I've just uploaded it to Mixcloud so if you're a fan of the great man, or would just like to hear some fantastic, inspirational, exciting music - click on the link & Enjoy Yourself!!

https://www.mixcloud.com/paul-homer/ska-beat-soul-tribute-to-the-prince-080916/

Thanks for that. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. Would you mind if I stuck that mix on my music blog?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
That's literally the only PB dubplate out there - he was notoriously difficult to pursuade to do them, unlike a lot of the later artists who saw the money in doing them. In fact artists such as Eric Monty Morris are advertising themselves out for dubs most weeks!!

I think that's why Rodigan can beat most sounds, as he has dubs that others simply cannot or could not ever get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here