RIP Pipkin112 (Phil Gray)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sad news indeed, younger than me!
Condolences to all those left behind.
Looks like a lot of fond memories have been had.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That's terrible. RIP Phil.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I came on here tonight expecting to have to write another post about North Stand Chat loosing one of its own before their time. Thankfully that bit was done for me.

I cant express enough the sadness I feel having learned of Phils passing. Phil was someone whom I met via NSC by pure chance..... A thread existed (perhaps still around) about 3 years ago that said Where ya born, where ya live where ya going, or something to that effect. I filled in my details of being born in Thunder Bay Ontario, living in Kenora Ontario and going who knows where. As it turned out Phil knew a bloke that he met on holiday who had the same bit as me. Of course when Phil messaged me asking if I was Karl I was amused and confused. We had a laugh about it and after chatting a bit I asked if he wanted to meet up for a bevy or 2 in Worthing. We met for a few pints at The Royal Oak and instantly became the best of friends having never met before and no connection other than football.

I spent several nights on my next 2 trips to England staying with Phil and his wife and enjoying many matches together including on our most recent trip where we hit Huddersfield away, Villa at home to Soton and then Brighton home to Blackpool all in 4 days. Granted we never actually saw the Albion win....ever.....We had a great time no matter what we were doing. Truely such horrible news and Imstill in shock.

People often think back to the last thing they said to a person or their last interaction. I smile a bit knowing that the last time Phil and I talked it was me taking the piss out of him like we always did. It was his birthday just last week and I asked him if he was getting senior rates yet. To which he responded with Cheeky Git.

Rest in Peace my dear friend. You will be beyond missed.

phil1_zps6e3421f8.png

(For those who dont know Phil is on the left I'm on the right)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The face of Phil looks familiar.

Once again best wishes to his family in this hour of need

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very sad news. Condolences and thoughts at this time to his family and all who knew him.

Some wonderful tributes earlier in the thread. Sounds like a great guy who had a rich life with family and friends, and was Albion through and through.

At this difficult time, there's much to be thankful for there and to draw strength from.

RIP Pipkin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports