Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] RIP Michael Robinson

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Heart sinker. saw him play, very good player.

R.I.P. Robbo.

Such a Goldstone Ground favourite, for his tireless enthusiasm and goalscoring feats, during a great time for the Albion.

My favourite memory is FAC R4 v Man City when he broke free and ran from the halfway line before scoring in front of the North Stand to make it 4-0. That was a perfect afternoon for 14 year old Moshe - and Robbo played a massive part.

"We'll take more care of you, Robinson, Robinson" ...

Went to this game with my City season ticket holding pal. Recall hand going to face and an expletive being uttered at that point. They had the last laugh as they beat us in the league game at the Goldstone although I think we were already down then.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Went to this game with my City season ticket holding pal. Recall hand going to face and an expletive being uttered at that point. They had the last laugh as they beat us in the league game at the Goldstone although I think we were already down then.

No, it was that game that finally sent us down. Not that it did City any good as they lost at home to Luton the following week and were relegated themselves.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
So so sad, he was a fantastic player and I was lucky enough to see him play. Intelligent on and off the pitch , hard working and an eye for a goal. Would love to have a player like him today. RIP Robo

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Great player and an Albion legend. RIP Robbo

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
RIP, gutted.

A great player and childhood hero..

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Gutted, he's probably one of the first things I look at every morning, a terrific footballer and a all round good guy, you will be missed Michael.

IMG_20200428_110616.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Remember thinking that £400k was a lot of money for both Robbo and Gordon Smith, when we signed them both in 1980. At the end of that first season, they had scored 32 goals between them, with Robbo's share being 22. No one could have wished for a more genuine, whole hearted player. He ran his socks off, game after game after game. He was strong and direct and led the line superbly.
His final goal for us was the semi-final winner at Highbury but nothing epitomised Robbo more than his run, in the dying seconds at Wembley. Still running his heart out, he shrugged off Moran and McQueen, looked up and played a selfless and perfect pass to Smith. The rest is history.
I have had some sad days as an Albion fan and this is right up there. Few have ever given more in our colours. RIP Michael.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here