Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Martin Duffy

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Awful news.
He only lived down the road from me in Hove and dated my next door neighbour for a bit as well. Only saw him last week walking to Tesco’s Express. RIP Duffy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been a fan and have seen them many times over the years.
RIP

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Last saw him Aug BH W/E with a mutual friend. Tragic news. I didn't know him that well, but a lovely guy, great fun ( too good a drinker) and a fine musician.

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Sad news. RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He played in two hugely influential bands. Screamadelica is probably my most played and favourite 'LP'.

Another terrible loss.
That run of Screamadelica, Give Out…., Vanishing Point and XTMNTR was quite special and coincided with a fun and youthful period of my life. I feel very saddened by this loss; more that I thought I’d be.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
By the statement given out by his son, it sounds like both Bobby Gillespie and Andrew Mcinnes done him dirty.

Cutting him out of song writing royalties, making him a touring musician, not paying him for work he did on Gillespie’s solo album. Leaving him in debt and forced to claim benefits.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
By the statement given out by his son, it sounds like both Bobby Gillespie and Andrew Mcinnes done him dirty.

Cutting him out of song writing royalties, making him a touring musician, not paying him for work he did on Gillespie’s solo album. Leaving him in debt and forced to claim benefits.
Have also read the statement. I thought his son wrote it in a very fair way, recognising his father's weaknesses whilst not going overboard in his comments about Gillespie and McInnes.

They come out of this very badly.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Have also read the statement. I thought his son wrote it in a very fair way, recognising his father's weaknesses whilst not going overboard in his comments about Gillespie and McInnes.

They come out of this very badly.
It's the not going to his funeral as well. Then eulogising about him separately?

With friends like that eh?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Agreed, very classy and grown up statement from his son.
Lets not forget his son found him as well, which will have everlasting effects on him.
Just a very sad story how it ended for Duffy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here