Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Lillian Lopez -

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Remember that disco classic - native new Yorker!!! Founder member of odyssey -

Great memories of that song :) x

One of the staple songs from my disco set. They were in their mid-40s at the height of their success.

I was singing (to myself, I'm no sadist) Native New Yorker just this morning.

Sad news. :(

Native New Yorker
Use It Up and Wear It Out
If You're Lookin' For a Way Out
Going Back to My Roots
Inside Out

... all top 10 hits in the UK

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Got to be honest, never heard of her, I thought this might have been one of our new Iggy Pop -a-like midfielder's relatives!!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Goin back to my roots....good chune

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I youtube'd Native new yorker - one of those song's i have heard but couldn't have told you who sung it!!!

RIP.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
One of the staple songs from my disco set. They were in their mid-40s at the height of their success.

I was singing (to myself, I'm no sadist) Native New Yorker just this morning.

Sad news. :(

Native New Yorker
Use It Up and Wear It Out
If You're Lookin' For a Way Out
Going Back to My Roots
Inside Out

... all top 10 hits in the UK

Good songs, got all of them on an old L.P.!

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I had sex with a bird round the back of the youth club 5 minutes after first hearing the song ......"Are you looking for a way out" .... And to think a few minutes earlier she hadn't even even danced with a lad.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That's a shame, Odyssey were good, always like hearing them when they turn up on Smooth 70s on the radio, 'Use it Up and Wear it Out' had even become one of these songs you sing gently to yourself whilst you wander around the house trying to remember what it is you were doing :thumbsup:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I had sex with a bird round the back of the youth club 5 minutes after first hearing the song ......"Are you looking for a way out" .... And to think a few minutes earlier she hadn't even even danced with a lad.

Made me laugh .......

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

Don't give up your day job! X

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I remember when I were a lad growing up in't Isle of Man, and Summerland (the rebuilt one AFTER the fire if anyone remembers that) booked Odyssey to appear and tickets were cheap - they hadn't had a hit for ages and were considered past it. Two weeks before the gig they released Use It Up And Wear It Out and it went to number one.

So Summerland in Douglas (crap venue) had the UK's number one act on.

I went. The band was slick, the singers were excellent, and it was a cracking gig. I loved those songs and I still do.

RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here