Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP James Herbert

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So SO sad. My favourite author of all time. Every one of his books an utter joy to read. 'Fluke' in particular is a novel i have read over and over again.

I've actually welled up a little on hearing this news. RIP sir - the world of horror fiction has lost one of it's true masters.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
My brother used to work on his cars.
Sad news indeed, I read all of the early stuff but later on it got a bit samey.
In the film version of The Magic Cottage we got to see Kate Beckinsale naked, I will always thank him for that because if he did not write the book they would not have made the film.
My favorite book of his was The Survivor, great book but s**t film adaptation.

RIP James Herbert loved his books,

It was Haunted they made into a film, and it was a body double. Sorry to break the news. :(

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I read an article about him in the Fortean Times recently where it was stated he only ever had one paranormal experience,he saw a ghost in a sunlit garden,and now...he is one.

Not quite strictly true! He did say he only had one paranormal experience - when we met him he said he saw someone walk past the lounge door; but when he got up to check who it was there was no-one there - and it was at a friends villa in Marbella about 2am after a few drinks!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here