Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP Ian Lavender

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
And apparently he was far from being a "stupid boy". He and Arthur Lowe (or perhaps it was John Laurie) used to compete for who could solve the Times crossword faster.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sad news. I very rarely get involved in the RIP threads, but Ian Lavender lived in the same town as me for many years (until he moved out to Suffolk a few years ago) and always came across as a lovely chap who wore his fame with great humility and generosity and not a little bemusement.

I'd frequently see him out and about, just going for a walk or doing a bit of shopping and invariably he'd get cries of of "Don't tell him, Pike!" or "You stupid boy!" as he was selecting a tin of Baxters soup or checking the date on a sliced loaf or queuing for the cashpoint. But he never seemed to mind, always smiled as it were the first time he'd heard it and would happily pose for selfies or pass a few minutes with people who wanted to tell him how much they loved Dad's Army.

At ease, Private Pike.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One of my dad's favourite shows, always seemed to be on the telly at our house. Sad that they've all gone now :(

RIP Pike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here