Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Glenn Frey

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I can't take much more of this!

One of my all time musical heroes. The Eagles were just an incredible band.

...when the musical genuis's of your teenage years start to die off you know you are getting old.

Sad sad news.

Very much this. Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Totally shocked.

Saw The Eagles in concert at MSG last year and they were amazing - must've played for 3 hours. Glenn did a fantastic jam duet with Joe Walsh.

Saw him in the celebrity seats at a Rangers/Red Wings game a couple of months later and he seemed in good health.

Very very sad.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Gutted, an all time hero of mine.

LEGEND

article-2315221-197FB0C0000005DC-523_308x425.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
first heard the Eagles on a late night in the mid 70's (BBC2) and rushed out the next morning to buy the LP on cassette (no CD's then) I think it was called "Desperado's" (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) and would still have it but my first wife nabbed it when we were divorced.
great band
RIP Glenn

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
first heard the Eagles on a late night in the mid 70's (BBC2) and rushed out the next morning to buy the LP on cassette (no CD's then) I think it was called "Desperado's" (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) and would still have it but my first wife nabbed it when we were divorced.
great band
RIP Glenn

Concept album about the Doolin-Dalton gang from the old West. Critics didn't like it at the time but I think it could be my favourite Eagles Album.

The_Eagles_-_Desperado.jpg

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
So sad. Not one of my fav bands, but i recognise talent and Glenn had it in abundance.

Didn't know he suffered from colitis..a nasty illness and something that i used to have myself. Not something you die directly from so must have complicated his pneumonia.

Anyway RIP

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Glenn, let's hope there are no more rock stars shuffling off for a while.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That's had me a bit emotional.

A good friend sings in a brilliant Eagles tribute band https://www.facebook.com/AlterEaglesUK/timeline and he is in bits. If you get the chance to see them and you are a fan, you won't be disappointed.

RIP Glenn.

PG

I've gigged quite a few Eagles songs in the past and I always sung the Glenn ones, in fact I'd say I've sung more Glenn Frey/Eagles songs live than any other band we covered over all.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Concept album about the Doolin-Dalton gang from the old West. Critics didn't like it at the time but I think it could be my favourite Eagles Album.

The_Eagles_-_Desperado.jpg

thats the one, and the guy in the shop had never heard of them and had to order me a copy, wonder if my ex-wife still has it ............she only took it because I liked it ........and on a different note she also took and burned all of my Albion stuff
they were the real thing at the time and still are

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
So sad. Not one of my fav bands, but i recognise talent and Glenn had it in abundance.

Didn't know he suffered from colitis..a nasty illness and something that i used to have myself. Not something you die directly from so must have complicated his pneumonia.

Anyway RIP

It was colitis and its complications that was killing me 6 years ago almost to the day as I lay in a ward on Level 9 of the RSCH. Needed emergency surgery and then 18 months of further visits to the op theatre for reconstructive surgery before being able to start my life again. It is, as you say, a nasty illness and one which, indirectly, can be a killer particularly if there are other health issues. And because most people prefer not to discuss what they see in the toilet bowl, it can also be something that develops for a long time before people ask for help. RIP Glenn, brilliant musician and songwriter.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/specialevents/honors/

"The Eagles will be unable to participate in the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors on December 6 due to Glenn Frey's health," said the band in a statement. "The Kennedy Center has graciously agreed to postpone the Eagles' award presentation until next year, when all four Eagles, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit, can attend."

:down:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I've gigged quite a few Eagles songs in the past and I always sung the Glenn ones, in fact I'd say I've sung more Glenn Frey/Eagles songs live than any other band we covered over all.

It must be the harmonising that is so difficult. Which is your favourite of Glenn's songs to sing?

PG

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Another sad loss.
All day long on the radio here I have to hear about the loss of Glen Fry, not Glen Frey.
They never get things like that right over here.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It must be the harmonising that is so difficult. Which is your favourite of Glenn's songs to sing?

PG

I think I've sung this one more than any other song ever. Written by 'Cactus' Jack Tempchin but shows Glenn's smooth tone in all its greatness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here