Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Gary Rossington

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gutted. One of the greatest bands ever.

If you haven’t already watched If I leave here Tomorrow then beg, borrow or steal a copy and enjoy the story behind some of the greatest songs ever written.

el punal

Absolute tragic history for such a great band. I saw them at the Dome back in 1974/5 when they supported Golden Earring. Skynyrd were brilliant with a tremendous ‘follow that’ set for GE. The remarkable thing was that a huge number of punters left when Skynyrd finished their gig - THEY should have been the headline act.

BHASC

Sep 8, 2019
and I was having such a good day.

This is terribly sad news.

What a band they were. I have seen them several times since Johnny took over lead vocals from his late brother and they were magnificent.

RIP Lynyrd Skynyrd

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolute tragic history for such a great band. I saw them at the Dome back in 1974/5 when they supported Golden Earring. Skynyrd were brilliant with a tremendous ‘follow that’ set for GE. The remarkable thing was that a huge number of punters left when Skynyrd finished their gig - THEY should have been the headline act.
I was at that gig. Half the audience walked out when the Dutch twats started the radar love dirge. Me included.

That was the original Skynyrd line-up. What a privilege to have seen them. RIP the lot of them.

Calling @monty uk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A couple of little known facts:

1. Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd

2. Er, that's it.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I saw the same gig but at the Bournemouth Wintergardens. Skynyrd were superb but GE, I thought, even better. Highlight of the night was when GE's drums blew up (deliberately) at the end of their set. It didn't quite go according to plan and several bits of kit ended up off stage, picked up and spread across the auditorium by souvenir hunters. Just like being back at school when the lights came on and it was announced that unless every last piece of kit was passed back down to the stage GE would not be doing an encore! Great night :ROFLMAO:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I WAS THERE TOO

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I was at that gig. Half the audience walked out when the Dutch twats started the radar love dirge. Me included.

That was the original Skynyrd line-up. What a privilege to have seen them. RIP the lot of them.

Calling @monty uk
Think I missed that one.

I remember having a ticket for one of their gigs but they failed to turn up and it was cancelled. Word at the time was that they had been fighting each other. Not sure if that is true though. Then they went in a plane.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008

Calling @monty uk
`I was also at that gig. I remember being very disappointed in Golden Earring but completely knock out by Lynyrd Skynyrd. When they played Freebird and just as the guitar solo was reaching its climax the whole audience leapt to their feet! Golden Earring didn't stand a chance after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here