Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RIP Everybody's Family Member Who Didn't Play A Bit Part In A Hackneyed Comedy Decades Ago

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This a slight at a new thread that appeared. Slightly badly timed given that the latest person was well known to a few NSC members. Pipe down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This a slight at a new thread that appeared. Slightly badly timed given that the latest person was well known to a few NSC members. Pipe down.
Bolleaux. NSC starts a thread Every. Single. Time. some bit part actor from some shitty seventies comedy shuffles off this mortal coil. NSC now needs it's own Obituary Sub-forum shirley? People die. Get over it :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bolleaux. NSC starts a thread Every. Single. Time. some bit part actor from some shitty seventies comedy shuffles off this mortal coil. NSC now needs it's own Obituary Sub-forum shirley? People die. Get over it :shrug:
Harsh, and not like you.

At least I had heard of the comedy which was a very good one, and the actor, rather than some of the obscure musicians who die.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just ignore it? Sometimes it's difficult to understand other people I get that. Personally I was fairly upset that Ian Lavender had passed away, I only tend to look at the news once a day now it's so depressing. Without the thread I wouldn't have known. NSC does a lot of RIP threads the names of which I didn't know or appreciate, but I just pass by. 🤷🏻‍♂️

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don’t disagree, NSC has become a bit of a grave yard for famous and not so famous celebrities. There’s often a race to post it first!

You make that point crassly though.

Perhaps an RIP subject header can be put in so people can filter out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have you been drinking already ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Harsh, and not like you.

At least I had heard of the comedy which was a very good one, and the actor, rather than some of the obscure musicians who die.
Agreed. I think some of the music/acting RIP ones are just so people can say "Hey, look at the obscure music / weird films I like! Aren't I cool?"

(Ok, now I'm being slightly unkind, and THPP does have a bit of a point although he did make it rather crassly.)

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
With the greatest of respect to the OP, I’m struggling to see the purpose of this thread. There’s an ignore thread function, it’s pretty lazy to be too idle to click the ignore thread button for yourself if you don’t want to read these.

I look forward to future cries for help from the OP such as “Where’s my breakfast?” and “It’s not going down when I flush.”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sort of enforces my point. NSC needs an 'RIP' filter. @Bozza?
Do you realise Bozza has introduced an Ignore thread facility? That includes sub titles such as Racing Other Sport etc. You can choose to ignore a whole section of threads, depending on their content.

That's why my RIP thread had TV as a sub title unlike the one it was merged with (swimboy64)which had Albion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you realise Bozza has introduced an Ignore thread facility? That includes sub titles such as Racing Other Sport etc. You can choose to ignore a whole section of threads, depending on their content.

That's why my RIP thread had TV as a sub title unlike the one it was merged with (swimboy64)which had Albion.
Why not an RIP filter?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well, it's newsworthy enough to appear in the news.

And like a lot of news, someone wants to comment on it here and adds a thread. Personally I don't find it's ruining the NSC experience

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sort of enforces my point. NSC needs an 'RIP' filter. @Bozza?
It has an ignore thread filter. Just use that.

A lot of NSCers will have grown up with Dad's Army and Pike is the character who's the butt of the best joke in the whole thing. A bit more than a 'bit part in a hackneyed comedy'.

Michael Jayston is less well known nationally, I grant you, but is very well known locally and many on here will have played cricket with or against him or had a pint or several with him. Crass and tasteless barely cover your thoughts on that point.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here