Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] RIP Dame Diana Rigg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
One of my customers, and I had the pleasure of meeting her in person a couple of years ago at her flat in London.

A real free spirit, full of amazing and funny stories, and absolutely no hint of "I'm famous" about her. I could have stayed and talked to her all day - and I don't think I've ever made a cup of tea last so long!

RIP to a wonderful Lady.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Diana Rigg's uncle, Arthur Rigg, taught me English Lit at Gillingham Grammar School For Boys. Superb teacher. Arranged to take our class of impressionable 14 year olds up by coach to see his niece Diana Rigg play Lady Macbeth in a matinee at the Young Vic. She got her kit off. Wasn't a dry seat on the coach on the way back :lol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

"She died peacefully early this morning. She was at home with her family who have asked for privacy at this difficult time," her agent said.

Dame Diana is also known for playing Tracy, the only woman who became Mrs James Bond, in 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

She also appeared in ITV's Victoria.

She played the Duchess of Buccleuch in the royal drama, and can currently be seen playing Mrs Pumphrey in Channel 5's new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.

RIP Pussy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Arranged to take our class of impressionable 14 year olds up by coach to see his niece Diana Rigg play Lady Macbeth in a matinee at the Young Vic. She got her kit off. Wasn't a dry seat on the coach on the way back :lol:

Blimey, the Young Vic is a small theatre too - that must have been quite an eyeful for a 14-year-old

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Diana Rigg's uncle, Arthur Rigg, taught me English Lit at Gillingham Grammar School For Boys. Superb teacher. Arranged to take our class of impressionable 14 year olds up by coach to see his niece Diana Rigg play Lady Macbeth in a matinee at the Young Vic. She got her kit off. Wasn't a dry seat on the coach on the way back :lol:
Where the hell in the stage directions for Macbeth does it say for Lady M. to get her kit off?

'Exit stage left, starkers' - no, I definitely missed that bit when doing my 'O' levels.........

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Where the hell in the stage directions for Macbeth does it say for Lady M. to get her kit off?

'Exit stage left, starkers' - no, I definitely missed that bit when doing my 'O' levels.........

Polanski's Macbeth has quite a lot of nudity, including Francesca Annis's Lady M.

We got taken to that for our O Level class, I don't think our teachers were prepared for it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I felt more sad than usual when reading that. Old enough to have been really impressed by the Avengers for both the wrong and the right reasons. An excellent actress and a woman to respect!!!:clap:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Polanski's Macbeth has quite a lot of nudity, including Francesca Annis's Lady M.

We got taken to that for our O Level class, I don't think our teachers were prepared for it

You were lucky. We got taken to see Jane Asher in The Tempest - and she was having the afternoon off and the understudy was taking the part (and she didn't get her kit off either)!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you were a young man of a certain age she held a certain fascination.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here