Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Dale Roberts. (Merged)

proctor_bhafc

Dec 14, 2010
Lancing
Hey there guys.

Earlier today Rushden and Diamonds goalkeeper, Dale Roberts, died. Please can we show our respect to him.

Thanks, Dan.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Jeez - only 24 , how?

Rest in Peace Obviously

Last edited:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
My condolences, RIP

Diamonds keeper passes away
Published Date: 14 December 2010
Rushden & Diamonds goalkeeper Dale Roberts has died.
Club chairman Gary Calder issued a statement after the FA Carlsberg Trophy replay at Eastwood Town was called off.

He said: "It is with great sadness that this afternoon our England C goalkeeper Dale Roberts passed away, our thoughts and prayers at this time go to his parents, family and friends."

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Can only echo the condolences on here

RIP Dale

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
0,,10784~3544770,00.jpg

Dale Roberts talks to RDFC Fans Blog

What was your best moment in a Diamonds shirt? It would have to be beating Ketterng 1-0 at home last season!

Who is your best friend in football? I grew up with Adam Johnson who plays for Middlesbrough, and I’m still good friends with him now.

What do you think of the song the fans have for you (featured in the above video)? I think it’s quality, I would love to know who made it up!

Was it an easy decision to join RDFC permanantly when the opportunity arose? Was there other interest? It was easy at the time, as I was playing football every week and the manager Garry Hill and goalkeeping coach Tony Godden made my mind up straight away. They made me feel very welcome, plus the facilities and club just speak for themselves. There wasn’t any other interest, I just wanted to play football.

Will we see a return of the ”jump up if you hate Kettring” move from you that endeared you even more to the fans? Of course, I love the derby games, there’s always a real buzz… jumping up just adds to it!

Do the players read the fans’ messageboard? Do they take the things written to heart or just laugh them off? I’m not so sure if they all do, but I do now and again. It’s interesting to see what they think. They pay the money everyweek to come and watch us.

How do you rate your chances of getting back into the starting lineup? All I’m doing is getting my head down like I do everyday and working hard. It’s the gaffer’s decision who he thinks should play.

What’s your greatest footballing achievement so far? Representing England in the C team. It makes you feel so proud.

Best player you’ve ever played with? Andy Cole and Neil Lennon at Forest, they were getting on at the time but to have someone to look up to who’s been there and done it at the highest level was just amazing.

Do you find it a little disturbing that a group of young, male Rushden supporters appear to have a slightly unhealthy obsession with you?! Haha i knew nothing about it to be fair it sounds quite funny though!

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Bloody hell. So, so young :down:

Nothing about how he died on the Rushden forum, but someone apparently saw him yesterday, so assume it was completely out of the blue :down:

RIP Dale.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
OMG. that's terrible news.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
This from their arch-rivals Kettering's forum:

Reports are saying he was killed in a car crash.

just had a phone call and it was not as above

all im saying is I hope Paul Terry can live with himself - most would struggle to

the diamonds players found out at the services on the way to tonights game, alot of them in bits which is so understandable as I didn't know the bloke and find it very upsetting

and RIP from me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
RIP. That's far too young to die.

I noticed from the quote posted by Barrel of Fun that Tony Godden coached him.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This from their arch-rivals Kettering's forum:

Reports are saying he was killed in a car crash.

just had a phone call and it was not as above

all im saying is I hope Paul Terry can live with himself - most would struggle to

the diamonds players found out at the services on the way to tonights game, alot of them in bits which is so understandable as I didn't know the bloke and find it very upsetting

and RIP from me

could be to do with this
John Terry's brother Paul is having an affair with s girlfriend - mirror.co.uk

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here