Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Cilla Black

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair though, it was a more innocent age, a time when Dick Emery was considered funny, and major jam companies encouraged you to send off for golliwog badges :lol:
Isn't there an instant lifetime ban for even just typing the word 'Golli**g' these days?

Strange the BBC website doesn't appear to have noticed this yet.

That was my first reaction, pretty well whenever I hear some news I usally check the BBC first. How times have changed, the BBC isn't what it used to be. It's come to something when NSC beats the BBC to a relatively big news story

RIP Cilla. Personally I couldn't stand the TV shows but she was a major part of the music of my youth and I saw her several times in Brighton and London, notably the NME awards at the Wembley Arena. Also the Brighton Hoppodrome.

I'm getting worried, she was only two years older than me!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just seemed like good clean harmless family fun at the time :shrug:

Quite.

And Branagh's Hamlet was somehow unlikely to appeal to the Saturday evening audience demographic who had just watched Gladiators.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I suppose you enjoyed it. You had to fill your weekend nights once the missus ****ed off with the kids eh.
Not really it had finished a long time before I got divorced , any way lets get off ex wives............................Cos ive just got off yours :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And another thread gets derailed. It's not all about you.

Oh calm down dear, we haven't stormed her funeral, it's a regional Internet forum thread about a woman who presented crap telly.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Okay, I apologise. A wonderful woman who dedicated her life to making quality Saturday evening telly. Who's dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here