Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] RIP Bert Royal

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There was a period before the time of the fat boys when wrestlers were athletic.

Tibor Zachash ???? (Sp)

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Will always remember the Saturday afternoons in my early childhood, my mum arracking the tellybox with her handbag when Mick McManus entered the ring.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
One half of The Royal brothers ..only wrestling I bothered to watch on a Saturday afternoon…was special

Bert Royal & Vic Faulkner :thumbsup:
Sometimes fought as a tag team under those names, sometimes the Royal brothers, sometimes the Faulkner’s (real surname)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

I am surprised you say this, because the OP’s first words in his post are “legendary grappler”. Then the subsequent post states “ One half of The Royal brothers ..only wrestling I bothered to watch on a Saturday afternoon…was special”.

I’d have thought that would be more than enough information to work out who Bert Royal is.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am surprised you say this, because the OP’s first words in his post are “legendary grappler”. Then the subsequent post states “ One half of The Royal brothers ..only wrestling I bothered to watch on a Saturday afternoon…was special”.

I’d have thought that would be more than enough information to work out who Bert Royal is.

Ding Ding, seconds out :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Yes, that’s the joke.

See the Darius RIP thread for context.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Apologies. I think these things can’t seem a little bit less funny when you know the people in question in RIP threads. I also appreciate nobody is to know that and it isn’t malicious towards anyone, including the deceased

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apologies. I think these things can’t seem a little bit less funny when you know the people in question in RIP threads. I also appreciate nobody is to know that and it isn’t malicious towards anyone, including the deceased

My fault. Probably not a thread for humour. It came from a good place but nevertheless, I apologise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here