Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP - A toast!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Wishing you the best Portlock Seagull.

My Dad passed away on the 4th April, after my Mum in November. They were both big Albion fans (armchair!). Dad’s memorial was yesterday in Hurstpierpoint and we finished the service with Sussex By The Sea.
I've asked in my funeral plan for GOSBTS to be played on my entrance to the crem

RIP Mr Portlock senior
Be strong tomorrow @portlock seagull
Glass of Thatchers Haze downed with a chinky & cheers.

I'm so lucky my dad is still going, I'm 63 and he's 95 - I'm dreading the day he passes ....
We celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary in Sept 2020 and then mum had a severe stroke in the Nov and is now in a nursing home so dad is separated from his wife of all those years, and still he soldiers on ....

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
...to my old man. On the eve of his funeral tomorrow, I've been in bits all today leading up-to. I loved him so dearly and he's now with my late mum. They were together for more than 50 years bless 'em.

He did his duty, took me to the Albion as a kid when I'd set off on the wrong path as a Liverpool fan in late 70's/early 80s - and made me and @Lindfield by the Pond wooden stools to stand on at the Goldstone in the Chicken Run so we could see Nobby, Wardy, Fozzie and co.

Join me tonight with a glass of red, a G&T or pint of beer...whatever you're fancy, he enjoyed 'em all if they had alcohol in :)

Love you Dad, and here's to all Dads everywhere no longer with us!
Cheers! :cheers::drink:

You had a good father. You are so lucky!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Best wishes for today

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
...to my old man. On the eve of his funeral tomorrow, I've been in bits all today leading up-to. I loved him so dearly and he's now with my late mum. They were together for more than 50 years bless 'em.

He did his duty, took me to the Albion as a kid when I'd set off on the wrong path as a Liverpool fan in late 70's/early 80s - and made me and @Lindfield by the Pond wooden stools to stand on at the Goldstone in the Chicken Run so we could see Nobby, Wardy, Fozzie and co.

Join me tonight with a glass of red, a G&T or pint of beer...whatever you're fancy, he enjoyed 'em all if they had alcohol in :)

Love you Dad, and here's to all Dads everywhere no longer with us!
Cheers! :cheers::drink:
Hi Steve, I'm sorry for your loss.
Dad's are a cornerstone of our lives.
Thinking of you at this time.
Might bump into you one day by the Thames :love:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Much sympathy for your loss Portlock.

Seems a bunch of us of a certain age were introduced to the Albion in the chicken run on a box as we were too small to look over the wall by ourselves. My dad always found me a space at the front and then stood a number of rows back for a better view. Those days were so very different from the experience we have now.

I sincerely hope your day goes as well as possible.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Cheap bottle of Tescos cider is the best I can do….hard when u lose a parent …even harder when the second one goes …plenty of good memories yes? Gone but not forgotten!
Exactly this @LamieRobertson . First parent goes and we focus all our energy on supporting the second. Then the second goes, the family home with it, and we can become lost - I know I was for a year.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
RIP
My thoughts are with you Portlock. Almost a carbon copy for me and losing the second is particularly hard. I started a couple of years before and as my dad had no DIY skills whatsoever it was an upturned milk crate for me on the chicken run towards the NS

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Deepest sympathy Portlock, hope today goes as well as these things can.

My dad had no DIY skills but took me to games standing on a wooden stool - memories to treasure.

He died more than 30 years ago and I still miss him

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Only just seen this @portlock seagull . .hope it all went well and he got thte send off he deserved. ✊🏽

I lost my Dad in 2004, didn't have anything to do with proceedings, last summer lost my step Dad (we were closer TBH) and have done absolutely everything, and still doing it. . . The informal service I did, with thanks to @lenny Riders team was perfect and all his mates agreed. . . As per his very informal wishes and in tune. where I'm getting is, this day, it puts some closure to things, and despite the grief, there are happy memories a plenty, from all angles, so hopefully tonight you see some light, and clarity. The things you need to move forward happily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here