Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP - A toast!

Fozzie’s Paperboy

Oct 23, 2022
I rarely post, but this has huge personal resonance. My father is in the late stages of pancreatic cancer and we don’t expect him to last more than a month or too. Like @portlock seagull he took me to the Albion in the mid 70s, initially sneaking into the ground for the last 10 mins of games once they’d opened the gates and then with my orange milk crate at the front of the chicken run.

Despite these being crap times, the season the Albion are having is giving him much joy - yesterday was a bad day for him, but he perked right up when Mac Allister scored the pen. I don’t know if he will make it to the end of the season, but I do know that the Albion have made it a special one for him, and that actually means an huge amount to us both.

Wishing you all the very best for today Portlock, the Albion memories within your dad will be a powerful comfort over the months ahead.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
That’s a beautiful tribute you wrote. Both my parents went years ago. I wish I had done more for them . It is so easy to let things slide and have the busy-ness of life keep you from being with them . Look out for your parents as they get old . It is better than feeling guilty afterwards.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Morning all, no need for replies, but I just wanted to close things with a heartfelt and massive THANK YOU for so many kind comforting likes, words and posts. I’m quite humbled by, and it seemed to strike a chord amongst many of us.

Naturally it was an emotional day, but we did him proud and once the service was over a lovely day catching up with friends and family at his wake.

And then afterwards…!! Oh that was the sweetest of wins last night :lolol::albion2:

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Morning all, no need for replies, but I just wanted to close things with a heartfelt and massive THANK YOU for so many kind comforting likes, words and posts. I’m quite humbled by, and it seemed to strike a chord amongst many of us.

Naturally it was an emotional day, but we did him proud and once the service was over a lovely day catching up with friends and family at his wake.

And then afterwards…!! Oh that was the sweetest of wins last night :lolol::albion2:
It was meant to be. Glad you did him proud.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
You did well PS, well done, sounds like your speech was a superb tribute. Treasure the precious memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here