Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right oscar if your going to continue playing 4-3-3 here's how it's done!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We presently have 3 players at the club in CMS, Hoskins and Spanish Rodney and I can't for the life of me see any of them starting when fit with Ulloa, this based purely on Oscar's tactics thus far.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Gawdblessya, M. That said, you should've finished me off when you had the chance!

ps As I've been allowed to wriggle off that cheeky pedantic hook, what is your correct title?

Some things are best left unsaid ... including, perhaps especially, NSC posters' desire for Oscar to play 4-4-2

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's about getting the balance right, last year we were hard to beat AND played glorious football at times.

I didn't see much last season but I am sure I read a lot of negative comments about how we had loads of possession but very few shots on goal. But that was under God (sorry Gus)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree we need one pacey winger per game. Definitely NOT too, as then we have no one with a brain out on the wing.

Ince is clumsy, and takes risks. Far too risky on his own at DM.

I do agree with you about Ince. Great prospect but does look like he is not 100% comfortable in possession. seems to wing it sometimes but he is above criticism unlike some others in the team.
Either Oscar is blind and picks Lopez as he just wants to avoid winning or he sees something that none in NSC can.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally if your going to play 4-3-3 the way chelsea are doing it tonight is a decent way. 4 mobile and attacking players who are protected by 6.
TK
Bruno, Upson Greer Ward
Ince and stephens
Buckley Orlandi Lualua
Ulloa

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Right the back four picks itself, we need ince holding protecting the back four, then Stephens as your all round player who can tackle , pass, and get forward . Orlandi just off the main striker giving him support. And the key to the formation is the two wingers (pace pace pace)kaz on one side and either solly or buckley on the other that gives us pace and skill on both flanks who can both get forward to support the striker. Then ulloa up top who has all the attributes to play the role as the lone striker .
The way we play it we only offer pace from one wing so makes us predictable and unbalanced , we offer no support for ulloa through the middle. The team is here to get us up the table that's why personally it frustrates me even more every time I see the team sheet .
I will get loads of stick on here saying what do I know but to me it looks bloody obvious that it just nEeds t.weaking and we w.ill gEt results (QUOTE)
In theory thats good but one thing you have missed , is how many times have both Buckley and Lua Lua both been fit and available this s.eason?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We presently have 3 players at the club in CMS, Hoskins and Spanish Rodney and I can't for the life of me see any of them starting when fit with Ulloa, this based purely on Oscar's tactics thus far.

Agree he will never start with 2 upfront - CMS, Obika, Hoskins, Rodney - cant see any getting a look in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here