Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right, onto the next 3 games

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015
certainly need 9 points from these games to truly recover from our poor run.
as well as this, we're going to need all the points we can get for the three consecutive away games after these.

as for the squad
- lualua definitely, weve missed him terribly
- dunk/greer
- really cant decide what our best strike partnership is, would be happy with any two tbh

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
I would be disappointed with anything less than 7 points from the next 3 games but we should be looking for 9 with 3 tough away games to follow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to Warren A, after the game yesterday:-

"We've got 3 home games coming up and we need a MINIMUM of 9 points" :lol: :facepalm:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Goalie is red hot.
The defence seems sorted.
The midfield is good.
Lua lua to return and Baldock.
The key to these games is Wilson, I hope it's a temporary virus, when fit he will bang em in with the chances we can make.
Very optimistic about 9 points.
Then Bong and Rosenior to return for the run in creating lots of competition for places.
Barring any more silly injuries I think we will be ok, I am also optimistic about our very tough run in.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Let's hope for the full 9 points,and hope all the other promotion contenders have a crappy January.Would like to see the Goldson/Dunk partnership continue as I think Greer is beginning to struggle over 90 minutes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Goalie is red hot.
The defence seems sorted.
The midfield is good.
Lua lua to return and Baldock.
The key to these games is Wilson, I hope it's a temporary virus, when fit he will bang em in with the chances we can make.
Very optimistic about 9 points.
Then Bong and Rosenior to return for the run in creating lots of competition for places.
Barring any more silly injuries I think we will be ok, I am also optimistic about our very tough run in.

The defence is ridiculously vulnerable to any team that decides to run straight at them. Lucky for us, most teams don't decide to do that, for whatever reason.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You can't start playing the games on paper or in your heads because that's when you lose. All games are winnable and all games losable in this league.

I had added the 3 points for a win in my head against Rotherham and look what happened there. The players went out in that game with my mentality and forgot that you have got to go out and put the effort in if you want the 3 points. To win games you have got to have the desire and mindset to win.

All I ask for is they go out in all of those games and put in the effort. If they do that then the points will follow.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You can't start playing the games on paper or in your heads because that's when you lose. All games are winnable and all games losable in this league.

I had added the 3 points for a win in my head against Rotherham and look what happened there. The players went out in that game with my mentality and forgot that you have got to go out and put the effort in if you want the 3 points. To win games you have got to have the desire and mindset to win.

All I ask for is they go out in all of those games and put in the effort. If they do that then the points will follow.
This is very true. There is no piece of paper or game in the mind that would have had Bristol City beating Middlesbrough on Saturday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's start this sequence off with a comfortable win tomorrow.

We are one of the teams with 10 homes, and 9 aways left, a win tomorrow looks vital.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Big one tomorrow. Wednesday :lolol: don't have an easy game away at Reading, and with Burnley playing Derby on Monday, if we win tomorrow we are guaranteed to be 3rd and will only drop 1 place to 4th on Monday when they play, whatever their result.

Also got 8th (Brum) v 7th (Ipswich) tomorrow. Providing we win, I wouldn't mind a Brum win on that one.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The defence is ridiculously vulnerable to any team that decides to run straight at them. Lucky for us, most teams don't decide to do that, for whatever reason.

Potentially looking a bit better with Goldson in perhaps? Vulnerable on Bruno's side all season, despite his flair going forward. Ridgewell looks good cover until Bong returns, and really looking forward to having Bong and KLL back together on the left, feeding a fit Wilson in the centre. Cautiously optimistic.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Potentially looking a bit better with Goldson in perhaps? Vulnerable on Bruno's side all season, despite his flair going forward. Ridgewell looks good cover until Bong returns, and really looking forward to having Bong and KLL back together on the left, feeding a fit Wilson in the centre. Cautiously optimistic.

Same. Goldson is a massive asset to the side and big enough on confidence and composure to shrug off that unfortunate own goal as just one of those things. Personally I find it hard to even consider (when playing) Bong and Bruno as defenders really, they like to play that far up the pitch. It's Dunk and Greer that look seriously spooked anytime anyone runs straight at them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Would be staggered with 9... football never goes to plan

Absolutely delighted with 7 and would take it now if offered.

6 would not be a disaster ... anything less would be.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good 3 points to start.

Absolutely believe we can now get 6 more off Brentford and Bolton :rock:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Would be staggered with 9... football never goes to plan

Absolutely delighted with 7 and would take it now if offered.

6 would not be a disaster ... anything less would be.

Marshy - jeez - we do need more than 6 points - that would be a disaster if 6 is all we get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here